How much RAM do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

• Total voters

wolf693

Reaction score
Hmm... 4 GB on gaming comp (Computer I'm using right now) 512 for family computer, and 128 for laptop (It's old!)

taekwondokid42

Reaction score
2 GB and I don't need any more thank you.

Unless of course, I consider moving to vista...(stupid memory hog!)

Rufio1

Reaction score
1 gb. Its great but i need a better graphics card and cpu to really take advantage of it...

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
1 gb. Its great but i need a better graphics card and cpu to really take advantage of it...

Oh good so it's not just me XD

I've got 1gb and I could actually use a second - this pc runs uTorrent a lot for downloading stuff, and I do fancy Photoshop and Premiere/After-Effects. Doesn't matter what cpu I've got, those last 2 alone are enough to justify having 4gb in the system, even if it's barely got enough to run it.

Those things are friggin memory hogs - almost as bad as Vista's supposed to be (I say almost because you could always close Photoshop; Vista's hard to close and still be able to use other installed programs ;) ).

Sohail

Reaction score
Unfortunately i have a G4 Mac with 256mb of RAM :(. I am planning to purchase the MacPro which has 8BG of RAM and 3.14Ghz of processing power.

nscnet

Reaction score
I have 2.5GB RAM with a 3.2GHz Intel Pentium 4 with HT Technology running Vista Home Basic (Its AWESOME!!!!!!!!)

Swiblet

Reaction score
I have 2 gigs and I love it. I want more. I just wish that my computer would LET ME!! >=/ *kicks stupid premade computer and stupid motherboard*

~~B3N

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Well what happened if he had 2.5 gig and the thread ask "how much RAM do YOU have?". Not how much do your friends, family and acquaintances have?

unpixelatedgamers

Reaction score
Regretably, I only have 512MB in the home PC.

My parents don't see the point in upgrading (I would!), this PC is over 4 years old now!

Although, I'd like to have at least 4GB of 800Mhz+ RAM. I've used a PC that had that, what a dream!

HomerJ

Reaction score
I have 4GB of PC5400 DDR2.

However, my motherboard does not support resource remapping (despite the fact that 64bit OSes are somewhat common), so their address space cuts it down to 3200MB.

stealth_thunder

Reaction score
I currently have a home desktop that uses 1024MB of ram, currently sufficient to run alot of things which I do not see the reason it needs to update. Currently running windows xp pro on it.

I have two laptops , both uses 2GB the differences is one is running a Windows XP Pro and the other is running a Windows Vista Business Edition.... the system is also different since it from different brand of laptops.

I currently feel that the one on Vista is bloated and ram seems to be fully utilized in a weird way ever since vista introduce the SpeedBoost and ReadyBoost + uses up all your ram for cache... lag alot. I heard that those with 3GB or more will not get any better performance unless they release the service pack 1 which I am still waiting.