How much RAM do you have?

How much RAM do you have?

• Total voters

Chetz

Reaction score
I've got 768mb, (512+256), its all you need when you've got xp sp2, dedicated graphics, and not many programs to run.

Although I'm planning on getting 2GB, but I'm not so sure my motherboard'll support it. I've got diagnostic programs saying I can, but my motherboard manufacturer saying I can't.

What a dilemma...

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
Aww...

After about a month of problems, I have had to get rid of the 2gb of high density RAM and replace it with 1gb of low density RAM. It costs twice as much...

cstamper

Reaction score
This desktop's got 1GB DDR2 800MHz

It's plenty for Windows XP/Ubuntu Studio 7.10

:)

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
2GB on my Desktop, and 1GB on my Laptop (256MB of this is reserved for the graphics, so I can only use 744MB of it).

Note: This is my 100th post :-D

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Two of my computers at home have 192MB of RAM, both have a very old ATi card at 8MB of memory, two of them have 256MB of RAM, one has an nVidia GeForce 4 at 64MB of RAM, another having an onboard Intel card of 64MB of RAM, another computer has 512MB of RAM and has a pretty good ATi card in it for a laptop card, and my gaming computer has 3GB, DDR3 ~1033MHz RAM, and has 1GB of dedicated video memory (from having dual nVidia 880GTs running in SLi).

DarkenProject

Reaction score
2 GB in the desktop, which is what I use for most of my computing needs.

1.5 GB in the laptop, which really is just for school work (like notes, web browsing, etc)

jsobeck

Reaction score
8GB, unfortunately need more but my computer is maxed out. (Pro audio recording demands RAM)

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
32GB (mac pro) Spend lots of money wasted tho.

Silverspoon

Reaction score
2Gb on desktop computer, 8Gb on server, 2 on Laptop, 1 on old clunker-converted-into-network firewall.

oiwio

Reaction score
512 mb on this computer, but I have another one thats about 10 years old with 64 mb

Brandon

Former Senior Account Rep
Community Support
Reaction score
I have 512MB of RAM, works great for what I do + playing a game here or there.

moreuse

Reaction score
my desktop have 1GB ram,

already enough for me, although i need more ram when playing CRYSIS lol.

my pagefile now 2GB :D

Nothingness

Reaction score
My old laptops got 512, but my new laptop has a 1gig. I feel accomplished to reach 1gig finally in my arsinal.

chisaku

Reaction score
I only have 512 MB as well, my computer crashes pretty much daily. One situation which makes me really angry is when I've forgotten to save a really big file in Gimp. Mrhh... it always has to crash sooner or later when I work with a deviation of the size 800 x 500!

I wish that they could make a lighter version of the Gimp. Which conserves less RAM... D:

I'd buy and install more RAM... unfortunately I can't. My guarantee will run out the second I open the computer. I'll just have to wait two more years. Dx Decent games usually require a GB but... I guess I'll have to stick to Theme Hospital. :(

I'm scared of buying Vista for this computer... it might blow out completely.