How old are you?

How old are you?

• Total voters

vv.bbcc19

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
I am 26 and getting older by an year this month.
But why in crossfire such a oneliner post- able question put?
Just curious and meant no harm to the thread starter by the way.

Regards,
VVBB

prototypedesign33

Reaction score
I find it interesting how many young people are hosting sites now. It's encouraging, since a lot of nay-sayers talk about how technology is destroying the youth.

Admittedly, it's not exactly healthy to spend time on the internet, but with half or more of the x10 users being 24 or younger, it's encouraging to see an interest among all ages of getting opinions distributed online, as well as their personal projects and announcements.

supanut200042

Reaction score
I'm 14(will be 15 by this February).
I'm not sure if I'm the youngest member here, but I bet there aren't many people that were under 18.
:smile:
Update I'm not the youngest here! And there are a lot of under 18s!

Last edited:

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I am 26 and getting older by an year this month.
But why in crossfire such a oneliner post- able question put?
Just curious and meant no harm to the thread starter by the way.

Regards,
VVBB

Technically this shouldn't be in crossfire, as it isn't a debate :)

~Callum

callumacrae

not alex mac
Community Support
Reaction score
I find it interesting how many young people are hosting sites now. It's encouraging, since a lot of nay-sayers talk about how technology is destroying the youth.

Admittedly, it's not exactly healthy to spend time on the internet, but with half or more of the x10 users being 24 or younger, it's encouraging to see an interest among all ages of getting opinions distributed online, as well as their personal projects and announcements.

I imagine by destroying the youth they mean they're not following in the footpaths of their parents.

Or possibly we're not speaking to each other anymore because we have facebook :D

~Callum

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Or possibly we're not speaking to each other anymore because we have facebook :D
~Callum
I still prefer to communicate with my family and most of my friends either in person or by telephone, but the Internet and places like this forum has given me the opportunity to communicate with and get to know folks from all over the planet. I am learning about people I will likely never meet and learning about places I will likely never visit. I consider that a positive enhancement to my life.

Regards,

Carl

Last edited:

wave42

Reaction score
Looks like 18-24's leading eh? xD

Under 18... I find it frustrating that so-called "adults" think that they know more than you because you are younger than them. Just because they're older, doesn't mean they know everything. In many cases I know more than them about the web and computers. Oh well.

You are absolutely right, I recall one time at school, where my teacher scolded me for correcting her about the proper pronunciation of the word "herbivore" which she reads like "her-bee-vo-re." It was sooo embarrassing.

firedavid98

Reaction score
i'm 16 and its cool to be young 8)

Looks like 18-24's leading eh? xD

You are absolutely right, I recall one time at school, where my teacher scolded me for correcting her about the proper pronunciation of the word "herbivore" which she reads like "her-bee-vo-re." It was sooo embarrassing.

correcting your teacher on something small like this is rude, especially because she is older than you. people pronounce words differently. for example some people pronounce the word sure: "shore" and other pronounce it "sher". so it just depends on how u want to say it

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey!

I'm just old enough to vote and to marry.
Though haven't done either yet and won't be doing either of them very soon too!

This should have a been poll somewhere else, not in crossfire section.
What are we debating about ?

Young people vs old folks ? Technology - boon or not ???

---------
---------
Scolded huh ? Never heard of capital punishment ? Should have been in my school.
Teachers were THE law.
I remember a teacher gave a student Kane's choke slam, what happened next is best left for imagination.

Regarding facebook, "get a face and talk face to face.
Get a life! Facebook ! F***book ! Oh Baloney !.....continues..."
That's what a superold chap yelled at his grandson(my friend)!

So, that pretty much sums up what facebook is - virtual life.
My opinion is almost insync with that ohmaha man.

On twitter, jeez give me a break.

I dn't wnt 2 knw wedr u hd a lil akcdnt in bathrum or u tuk a l8 showr.

Over and out!

paint2010

Reaction score
I'm 15. It seems that the new generation is much more technologically advanced than the old generations. That might explain the dominance of under 18 and 18-24 on x10hosting. On the other hand, not everyone posts or votes.

MaestroFX1

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Posting/ using facebook,twitter,etc = technologically advanced , since when ?

FrozenTime

Reaction score
I'm 17, so I'm just going to wait a few months to vote if the topic is still alive by then since I'm not sure you can change your vote :shifty:

Anyways, not long ago, I wouldn't have imagined that I'm already almost 18 :0