how to add a forum to my site?

gomcoite

Reaction score
hi can anyone explain me, how can i add phpbb 3 forum to my site www.gomco.co.nr with the same template/skin/style as the main website?

thanks...

please reply me urgent...

is forum ok or should i use a cms...

LHVWB

Reaction score
I would suggest that you install phpbb3 from your cpanel (Cpanel -> Fantasico de luxe -> phpbb3), and put a link from your website to the forums.

About the template issue, this is a very common issue and the short answer is that you will either have to make your own phpbb3 template or find one that you like. It is rare that your will get a perfect match with your site's template but have a look, here is the link.

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/db/

Edit: If you don't want an actual forum then a cms would be easy to use.

Last edited:

tittat

Reaction score
i will suggest you to migrate your current site to a new CMS.It will be easy just as copy and paste because CMS is powered with an in-built WYSIWYG editor.

CMS will have its own forum so no need to think about templates,as both of your site and forum will be unique in its theme.
i will recommend e107.You may contact me for installing e107,because its not in Cpanel -> Fantasico de luxe .

Many other CMS are there at your Cpanel -> Fantasico de luxe ....

gomcoite

Reaction score
can u show me a demo of e107.........

or

can some1 help me create a template for phpbb3... that would match my site www.gomco.co.nr .. a tutorial perhaps

Last edited:

Sohail

Reaction score
yeah you could do that with Fantastico but you would have a lot of customizing to do...

gomcoite

Reaction score
thanks sohail... but can some1 tell we where can i find a tutorial that teaches me how to customize or make a template for phpbb3
Edit:
which cms in fantastico support forum... i think joomla does not.. what about mambo?

Last edited:

gomcoite

Reaction score
how do i make a header and footer for my website..... www.gomco.co.nr

i want that the main pic upto the navigation bar becomes the header and the address with sitemap and contact us becomes the footer

any easy way to do this?

thanks