how to back up every thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluntowner

Reaction score
i was wondering how do i backup every thing i have already set up on my forums so i can reinstall my forums?

Scott

Reaction score
You would need to export your database using PHPMyAdmin to export your database.

When your reinstall it, I'd recommend you manually configure the settings so your database isn't affected.

You will need to import it when your ready to reinstall it and then proceed with setting the forums configuration file, You may also just save a copy of your existing one.

bluntowner

Reaction score
i got a big page with a lot of different stuff on it, what do i do now?

Last edited:

bluntowner

Reaction score
not yet, after i exported my database i got a page with phpMyAdmin SQL Dump at the top what do i do after that?

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
You need to copy and paste all the stuff in the text box (The SQL dump) into a file and save it.

tnl2k7

Banned
Reaction score
Or just check the 'save as file' option at the bottom of the 'export' page, and just download the file it prompts you to download - then you don't have to faff around copying and pasting anything ;).

bluntowner

Reaction score
i did what tnl2k7 said, now im trying to reupload my phpbb3 forums file but i can't connect to the server, any help with that?

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
If you are using FTP, make sure you are not using multiple connections as the server will firewall you.

bluntowner

Reaction score
firezilla, i got it to work=]

i backed up my files now were do i find them?

Last edited:

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
You'll find them wherever you backed them up to.
Did you download them with filezilla?

Status
Not open for further replies.