How to cancel

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolynk

Reaction score
I signed up for this service yesterday but would like to cancel everything. How do I do that?

carolynk

Reaction score
I signed up for this service yesterday but would like to cancel everything. How do I do that?
carolynk(X ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

carolynk

Reaction score
Cancel my Account Please!

http://carolynkane.elementfx.com(X ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Note, too, that if you do nothing at all (or nobody accelerates the process) your account will be suspended afterr 30 days of inactivity and terminated (deleted) 14 or more days after the suspension. You really only need to request deletion if you want to create a new account immediately (either because you've deleted system files or folders accidentally or because you want to use a different subdomain name) or if you have "zombie" files that you can't delete (otherwise you could easily delete anything potentially embarrassing and put up a "site gone" page as a placeholder until the suspension kicks in).

melavoy

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up, essellar. I wasn't sure if we were allowed to create another account after the request. I really have no reason to 'leave' x10hosting.

How long does the deletion queue/process take?

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
If you just use the normal "request deletion" process, all that happens is that somebody manually suspends your account, and after 14 days (or more; 14 days is the minimum) it goes into the deletion queue. So it would take at least two weeks, but it could take much longer. (The deletion queue is kind of lazy; that keeps people who are suspended for ToS violations from developing expectations.)

If you state in your request that you want immediate deletion so that you can recreate the account, somebody with sufficient access (and there are only a small number of them) will manually initiate the deletion process on your account, and it only takes a couple of hours to complete once it's been started (it has to delete files, databases, DNS entries on the name servers, activity timer entries and so forth, so it's best to let the system handle it--nothing gets missed that way--and how long it taes to ripple through depends on what other tasks are in progress at the time).

Status
Not open for further replies.