how to connect my vb.net 2010 app to server x10hosting

Discussion in 'Scripts, 3rd Party Apps, and Programming' started by online75, May 22, 2012.

1. online75

online75 New Member

hi gud day to all of you... i want to connect my vb.net program to x10hosting but it's not working. it always gives me an error "unable to connect to any of the specified mysql hosts"

i tried this 3 connection string one by one but still it gives me same error

1st connection:
    MySQLConnectionString.ConnectionString = "Server=ns1.x10hosting.com; userid=userid; password=password; DATABASE=database"

2nd connection:
    MySQLConnectionString.ConnectionString = "Server=ns2.x10hosting.com; userid=userid; password=password; DATABASE=database"

3rd connection:
    MySQLConnectionString.ConnectionString = "Server=74.86.116.190; userid=userid; password=password; DATABASE=database"

anyone? thanks and God bless
  2. greeny17

greeny17 New Member

The server would be localhost I think.
  3. essellar

essellar Community Advocate Community Support

Remote MySQL access is disabled on Free Hosting accounts; your database can only be accessed by scripts running on the Free Hosting servers using the hostname "localhost". If you need external access, you will need to build a PHP-based web API (which then can be accessed by a remote app).

Note, too, that x10Hosting accounts are for web sites, not data storage, so you'd need to have something more than just an API running on your site.