How to create a backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Reaction score
If there's already a thread somewhere on this, then sorry. Moving on...

I want to create a backup of my entire site - pages, MySQL databases, the works and actually have it on my computer in a folder and probably on a disk so if you guys stop offering a hosting service or if it crashes or something then my files arent completely lost. I see the Backup feature in cPanel, but I'm not sure what to do with it. How do I go about doing what I want to do?

B

Brandon

Generate a full backup and send it to your email. A full backup is the whole nine-yards.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Plus you should download a mysql backup to. Click on the database you want to download and it will start up for you. (In the Backup portion of cpanel)

Last edited:
B

Brandon

bigguy said:
Plus you should download a mysql backup to. Click on the database you want to download and it will start up for you. (In the Backup portion of cpanel)

Does the full backup include that or thats a good thing to do incase of a problem and you don't have anything else loss.

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
I dont believe the full backup includes a database backup. This should be done as well as a home directory backup.

Jacob

Reaction score
Once I send the full backup to my email, how do I put it on a disc or on my computer?
Edit: Okay, I figured out how to download it; just go to "download/generate a full backup" in the cpanel backup section - but, say, if the server crashed or I wanted to switch hosts with this backup, how would I restore it? It says it can only be restored by an admin.

Last edited:

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Then you would have to ask an admin to restore it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.