how to create forums for my website

nadeems

Reaction score
hey guys can u please tell me how to create forums for my website i just want a forum so that everybody could post on their requests for software and applications can anybody please help

DeadBattery

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Hello nadeems; here is a guide to install phpBB3, a very customizable forum software.
1) Log into cPanel. (http://yoursite.com:2082)
2) Click Fantastico De Luxe (Under Software/Services)
3) Select phpBB (Under Discussion Boards)
4) Click New Installation
5) Fill in only these fields: Admin Username, Admin Password, and Base Configuration
(Site Name will be the title of the forum, Site Description will be the description of your forum, Email Signature will be the signature at the end of all emails sent by the forum, Admin Email will be the email address of the administrator; use a valid email)
Do Not Check the checkbox, leave that unchecked (default)
6) Click Install phpBB
7) Press Finish Installation
8) Now Click On the link to your new forum, if all works out, you should see your forum!
You can edit everything by logging in as the administrator and clicking Forums and editing categories and whatnot. :)

Last edited:

TechAsh

Retired
Reaction score
*Moved to Scripts & 3rd Party Apps*

The quickest way to set-up a Forum would be to use Fantasico (in cPanel). It'll set-up everything for you. Alternatively you could download something like phpBB3 or MyBB, upload it to you website and install it yourself.

zapperpost

Reaction score
Try SMF too. It is also in Fantastico De Luxe. Do what the second post says, and use SMF instead.

Last edited:

nadeems

Reaction score
hiiii i have started the forums but i cant see it in my website can anybofyy tell me how to go about