How to decrease background sound.

priyaa161

Reaction score
I found a new headphone on my home. I don't know for what was that headphone but I tried it on computer and found that the sound was really awesome. But there is one problem. Background sound or instrument sound (I don't find any better way to describe, hope it might be enough) is so loud that in 40% song, You won't listen the singers voice. Is there any way to slightly decrease this sound.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
There are so many variables that may have something to do with that.
What is your computer OS? What program are you using to play back the music? What type of music files are you trying to listen to? Does that problem occur with only one type of music file or all of them? Does the problem occur if you try listening to a music CD? What type of sound card do you have? Does the program you are using have a graphic equalizer or other advanced settings? Have you tried using a different program for playback?

priyaa161

Reaction score
There are so many variables that may have something to do with that.
What is your computer OS? What program are you using to play back the music? What type of music files are you trying to listen to? Does that problem occur with only one type of music file or all of them? Does the problem occur if you try listening to a music CD? What type of sound card do you have? Does the program you are using have a graphic equalizer or other advanced settings? Have you tried using a different program for playback?

I can never fix problem relating so many variables cause I'm not any computer techie but there's not any problem with computer because my another headphone works well. I just want to know name of any software which can fix it.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
If the headphones work well on another computer but not yours, then maybe the answer is as simple as finding out what the playback software is on the computer where the headphones work and then install the same program on your own computer if possible. Otherwise, you would really need to do a little more investigating, possibly using some of the suggestions (questions) I presented earlier.