How to disable Disk Scanning at the time Windows 7 starts?

anhminh

Reaction score
I don't know why recently Windows 7 check its disk every times Windows starting.
Does any anyone have a good solution?
Thanks in advance.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Do you have any Disk Utilities installed that might be perhaps scheduling Disk Scans every time the systems tarts? I've seen this happen a few times as a result of such utilities.

anhminh

Reaction score
Do you have any Disk Utilities installed that might be perhaps scheduling Disk Scans every time the systems tarts? I've seen this happen a few times as a result of such utilities.

Yes, I have. It is CCleaner.

---------- Post added at 02:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 AM ----------

By disk scanning, do you mean such thing like chkdsk?

Yes, that's it. And you have ever met that black screen of check disk, haven't you?

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
CCleaner shouldn't be causing Chldsk to load on startup, but try these commands.

Go to Start > Type in "cmd" into Search Box. Open command prompt and run the following commands...

fsutil dirty query d: (This command should report a dirty drive)
CHKNTFS /X D: (Stops chkdsk from running at boot)

Reboot your PC

Open up Command Prompt again and run this command..

Chkdsk /f /r d:

Please be aware, you may need to run Command Prompt as Administrator. These commands worked on older versions of Windows, so I'm not sure if they do work on 7, but if they do, all the better :)

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
The usual culprit, by the way, is a hard power-down -- forcing the computer off without allowing Windows to do an orderly shut-down. The chkdsk normally runs once at the next start-up. Unless, that is, you abort chkdsk -- it will continue to run at start-up until you let it run completely, whereupon it will clear the "dirty" flag on the drive.