How to get ASP.Net to work at x10Hosting

jepper199211

Reaction score
I do not understand guien, do not understand it to upload to an Apache server when I go to the site when it is uploaded, I come in to openDNS.com, please help

learningmsvs39

Reaction score
The link below titled "Here is a live version" is not working. I am interessted in seeing it becuase I too am busy with ASP.NET pages and X10hosting.
Thanks.

Hi Untit1ed; thanks for pointing out my typo's, well spotted; it hasn't confused anyone so far, but I'll fix it immediately - cheers.

This tutorial is very basic, and has been tried and tested quite a few times now. Here is a live version so you can confirm it works. I've have looked at some other more complex asp.net pages and they work, so there is currently no issue with our servers (on stoli anyway).

So erm, did you follow the tutorial, or are we talking about your own custom page? Also, can you please provide some information about the Exception you are getting as your description currently gives us nothing to work with. I'll happily assist you further when you do...

You have omitted the xml declaration from the web.config you posted; please ensure the copy in your webspace contains it.

edit: I can't actually edit the original tutorial, as the Edit button is missing for me for that post; so I'll have to leave it with the errors for now...

---------- Post added at 11:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Hallo there:
I tried this as Hue Kared suggested to place ASP pages on x10hosting but it is not working. Any ideas?
This is what I done:
1. I created a subdomain named http://firstsite.visualstudio.x10.mx/
2. I placed only the two files as suggested, which are: "HelloWorld.aspx" and "HelloWorld.aspx.vb"
3. content of the file "HelloWorld.aspx":
<%@ Page Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="HelloWorld.aspx.vb" Inherits="HelloWorld" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head runat="server">
<title>Hello World</title>
</head>
<body>
<form id="form1" runat="server">
<div>

<asp:Label ID="Label1" runat="server" Text="Erm, Hello World!"></asp:Label>
<asp:Button ID="Button1" runat="server" Text="Press Me" OnClientClick="Button1_Click" />

</div>
</form>
</body>
</html>
4. content of the file "HelloWorld.aspx.vb":
PartialClass HelloWorld
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
'incorrect code
ProtectedSub Button1_Click(ByVal sender AsObject, _
ByVal e As EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
EndSub
End
Class
=======================
Can any one help please

malhar112261

Reaction score
hey i have uploaded my whole website on the xhosting server, also have created index.aspx. wht else should i do to run my website.. am vry frustetd.. plz sme1 help me out with proper steps.. plz help me.. i also have uploaded web.config and have created my own database.. have created website in visual studio 2005..

godau40

Reaction score
I've copied the asp test page (vers.aspx) to the public_html directory of my domain - blaxadmin.x10.mx and when I try to navigate to it - using URL
http://blaxadmin.x10.mx/vers.aspx
I get the following message - Error 404
The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /vers.aspx

What am I doing wrong? Is this how I would navigate to this page?

rhumbaflappy

Reaction score
ASP.Net ( mono ) simply doesn't work on many of the servers... and there is no support for it if it doesn't.

Dick

chanh.ong25

Reaction score
I follow the instruction here and upload a working hello.aspx where it is simply display some Hello text but I am getting this error no matter what I do. Is aspx working on choppin server? Thanks
Server Error in '/' Application

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Requested URL: /hello.aspx
Version information: Mono Runtime Version: 2.6.1 (tarball Sun Jul 11 17:35:07 EDT 2010); ASP.NET Version: 2.0.50727.1433

alou764

Reaction score
Re: How to get ASP.Net to work with MySql at x10Hosting

Nice Guide !!

hauk00146

Reaction score
I tried the guide and it isn't working for me... This is the error message I've received when I tried to run the HelloWorld.aspx and also the ver.aspx. It doesn't matter what I do to the web.config file, it always gives me this error.

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>
Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.
<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/> </system.web>
</configuration>
Thanks in advance
Hauk

hrvat

Reaction score
Re: How to get ASP.Net to work with MySql at x10Hosting

:) I suppose that conector is Connector/Net 6.2.4 for .Net$Mono platform. Is it ?

Kylan

Reaction score
I suppose Mono is not working in Chopin as I get:

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a surprisingly old tutorial I'm surprised is actually still around; back in september 2009 the servers were still set up in a way that mod_mono would work right.

With the newer server setup we've been using for a while though, asp.net has been removed because put simply it dun work right :( It works on Illuminated and Premium, but those servers are set up differently than the 4 free ones right now. Surprised no one mentioned this topic was still here so we could update it XD

Edit: Added a red header to the start of the original post.

Last edited:

mefkud82

Reaction score
keşke türkçe olsa daha çok yararlanırdım bu siteden ama yinede çok teşekürler