How to get Joomla?

scamron

Reaction score
Look, I can't figure out how to get Joomla to run on cPanel. Even though I uploaded the .zip file it doesn't work.

Yes, I may sound like an idiot. But any help?

Bigbucks2528

Reaction score
There are a few steps to take.

1) After uploading the .zip file, unpack it (could be called decompressing or unzipping)
2) Create a MySQL Database and user, and add the user to the database (write them down somewhere)
3) run the install, just go to the URL where the site will be, it will redirect you to the installation files.
4) Delete your install file, after the install is finished, and YOUR DONE!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, me or someone else will be willing to help!

imoded

Reaction score
or you can also check the one click installer to your cpanel dashboard. :wink:

berrugo

Reaction score
yep that's right, under cPanel clink on the Fantastico icon. Fantastico allows you to install Joomla, or any other popular script in less than 2-3 clicks

lenkbreak

Reaction score
There are a few steps to take.

1) After uploading the .zip file, unpack it (could be called decompressing or unzipping)
2) Create a MySQL Database and user, and add the user to the database (write them down somewhere)
3) run the install, just go to the URL where the site will be, it will redirect you to the installation files.
4) Delete your install file, after the install is finished, and YOUR DONE!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, me or someone else will be willing to help!

this is helpful..
but don't forget to give all privilleges your database user in step 2 :smile: