How to get members on the same database?

scamron

Reaction score
I have several different apps that make you sign up for them. How can I merge the members database into one so that they can log in to both without having to sign up again?:confused:

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
That'll depend entirely upon the design of the user database tables. It is very likely that the tables will not be the same, which makes it very difficult to do.
I would recommend taking your most complex (i.e. forum) application's user table and try to adapt your less complex applications to use that table's info.
Alternatively, you could add code to your main sites register code that automatically adds that username to every subsequent table for your other apps.

scamron

Reaction score
Okay, what code would I use? Sorry, I'm just kinda new to everything except HTML...:rolleyes:

marvso

Reaction score
I recommend that if you are new to coding, you use JFusion (a Joomla 'extension') to 'bridge' your site together. :D

scamron

Reaction score
I can't seem to be able to get Joomla. It just wont work DX.

Plus, all of the apps I currently have are with Softaculous (but I wouldn't mind switching them)

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Perhaps it would help if you described what it is exactly that you are running, perhaps then there may possibly be a solution available.

scamron

Reaction score
Okay. SO.....

I have a personal website. I currently have a perfectly good CSS template.

I want to include the blog, forum, wiki, and podcast apps on my site, but I don't want to make my members have to sign up to access all of them. I just want them to sign up on one of them and then be able to log in to the others.

I am also a little bit confused on how to get Joomla.

techairlines

x10 Flyer
Community Support
Reaction score
Okay. SO.....

I have a personal website. I currently have a perfectly good CSS template.

I want to include the blog, forum, wiki, and podcast apps on my site, but I don't want to make my members have to sign up to access all of them. I just want them to sign up on one of them and then be able to log in to the others.

I am also a little bit confused on how to get Joomla.

Hmm it might be possible in some situations. What blog, forum, and wiki software are you running or planning to run (such as Wordpress, Mediawiki, etc...)

To get Joomla, its available in Softaculous, Fantastico, as well as http://www.joomla.org. Its a CMS system.

Last edited:

scamron

Reaction score
Just got Joomla, but recieved an error message when trying to log in to the admin section DX.