How to get more hits?

Tyler

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew how to increase the traffic on their site and Forum? Thanks,
Tyler

Maurice

Reaction score
Really, add me on MSN or something and I'll pass your site on, I've been viewing your site allot of times already ;). But I don't know really helpful other ways to help you.

raynor

Reaction score
Just to name off a few apply your site to as many crawlers as you can (crawlers meaning search engines) use the right words that you know will attract the audience you are interested in bringing. Next to that is your sites content, do you have what they are looking for? Is it organized in a manner that makes everything easy to find? These are only two of the many questions you have to ask yourself. After that its mostly about building that base audience of people that will keep returning to your site because of continually updated content.

prasys

Reaction score
Just make sure you add the Crawles Tag , and do not forget submit your site using cPanel..So it will be listed on seach engines...

A great site to learn more about "how to get more tips". I highly suggest....everyone to visit it

www.excellenceweb.com/hits.htm

aman01

Reaction score
Also, make sure your design is good enough for people to see. or else they might won't turn back to your site after 1 time visit. :)

Rhianna

Reaction score
I recommend using the Esato: Search engine registration script

This is a free URL submission script to search engines from gelon.net that uses JavaScript to register/submit pages to the net's most popular search engines.
This is a great way to submit your site to 26 search engines:
1. Altavista
2. Lycos
3. Infoseek
4. AOL Netfind
5. What-U-Seek
6. Hotbot
7. Webcrawler
8. Exite
9. Viola
10. UK Index
11. Anzwers
12. Northern Light
13. EuroFerreet
14. Fireball
15. Addlink
16. Canada.com
17. Google
18. Blizsuche
19. Eule
20. Spider
21. Searchking
22. Quarx
23. Crawler.de
24. TeleDominus
25. Duno
26. ICQ

Try it :teeth_smi

Conor

Reaction score
Rhianna said:
I recommend using the Esato: Search engine registration script

This is a free URL submission script to search engines from gelon.net that uses JavaScript to register/submit pages to the net's most popular search engines.
This is a great way to submit your site to 26 search engines:
1. Altavista
2. Lycos
3. Infoseek
4. AOL Netfind
5. What-U-Seek
6. Hotbot
7. Webcrawler
8. Exite
9. Viola
10. UK Index
11. Anzwers
12. Northern Light
13. EuroFerreet
14. Fireball
15. Addlink
16. Canada.com
17. Google
18. Blizsuche
19. Eule
20. Spider
21. Searchking
22. Quarx
23. Crawler.de
24. TeleDominus
25. Duno
26. ICQ

Try it :teeth_smi

I tried that a few weeks ago and got stuck on number 15....it was an error or something.

If yuo want more visitors, post your link in the Link exchange sticky above this post in the web dev forum.

Conquester777

Reaction score
not masking your url helps, search engines don't like that

you also don't have any meta tags, that can help a site at the begining.

as for the forum, keep it well maintained, and hope you get some solid members. also ask people you know well, to help you out with keeping it active.

Conquester777

Reaction score
if anybody wants to advertise on my site I'll display their banner if they pay me 0.001cents per hit :p

deaddevil

Reaction score
Set your website for a review you will get hits,but if you realyy wanna hits you gotto concentrate on your ranks ,adjust your keywords and keep submitting your site to as many sites as possible.
Enter into a link exchange program it helps increase your rank in gooogle!

bigguy

Retired
Reaction score
Well I have submitted to a couple of these on here. I hope it does something for my site. Thanks for the tip