How to get my sites back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
I was one of the people whose websites went down because of an issue with the boru. I was wondering... how do I get my websites back up? I already have backups for my websites, but I don't know how to 're-host' them. Do I delete the current databases in the cpanel, and then import the databases again? Or what?

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:40 AM ----------

Nobody knows?

Last edited:

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
I will need to delete your account so that you can re-create it in order for you to upload your website. Please fill out this form once you have ensured your databases are backed up:

cPanel username:

( ) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

Once that is fully completed, I will terminate your hosting account. From that point, log into the Account Management Panel at http://x10hosting.com/control and remain logged in. From there, visit the main x10Hosting website and sign up for Free Hosting as you normally would. Once the account is back up, upload your backup data to your account.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Thanks. I really appreciate it.

(X) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Thanks. I really appreciate it.

(X) Inserting an X inside the parentheses signifies that I have made all necessary backups of my free hosting account and will not hold x10Hosting responsible for any data I am unable to recover after my free hosting account is deleted. The X also serves as my digital signature verifying that I have proper authorization to request account deletion of the account specified.

Please specify your cPanel Username and then we can continue.

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
OK, that is all I need. I will mark the account for termination. Once it has been terminated, log into http://x10hosting.com/control and then, remaining logged in, sign up for hosting again at the main x10Hosting site. Please wait for a second post from me confirming deletion.

Last edited:

Smith6612

Community Support
Reaction score
Account has been terminated. You can now re-register for a hosting account.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Thanks. Well, I re-registered my free hosting account and set up my domains, but when I try to log into the FTP accounts, it reads the account info correctly, and then I get this:

Error: Critical error
Error: Could not connect to server

Also, I don't understand how when I visit my websites, the favicons show up, but I didn't upload any files or anything yet considering that you've terminated my old account.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
The favicons probably show up because your browser cached them. Clear your browser's cache.

Are you logging into the correct server for your ftp? Your new server is starka, so logging into starka.x10hosting.com might help.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
From what you've said, I'm assuming that the default ftp account which is your cpanel username and password isn't working. You didn't verify, though, that you made any other ftp account in your new hosting account. Could you verify?

epsonrok85

Reaction score
From what you've said, I'm assuming that the default ftp account which is your cpanel username and password isn't working. You didn't verify, though, that you made any other ftp account in your new hosting account. Could you verify?

I made two FTP accounts for both of my websites under my new free hosting account.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Until someone with account access can help with your problems with ftp, please use the cPanel's filemanager to get your sites back up online.

epsonrok85

Reaction score
Luckily, I had a backup of both my files and and the database before my account was erased. I didn't think about using the file manager. Thanks, lemme try that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.