Reaction score
This article is copyrighted by Lair360!
Please don't steal this article!!

----------------------------------------
Version: 13.2
Revision: 11 Build 43

How to get traffic for your website

Introduction:
there are many websites and blogs which are hosted around the world. But, the biggest part is building a high traffic website. But, there also things which you shouldn’t do that could cause some serious penalties and setbacks.

1.] Keywords – think about the search engine “meta tags” and find out what keywords are the most important and popular.
But, your keywords must be relevant to your materials and pages. Write some pages that would contain these keywords (header) and don’t overdue it!
Also, you’ll need to keep the material useful, clean and simple, so that other users and robots could identify your website.

2.] Page ranking and getting links are the best choice for exposure. But, you might also need to create a page, to exchange links with other webmaster.
This process is the most important part for building up your page rank.

Recommended suggestions…

a.] Create one or more links pages where other webmaster may post links to their sites on your site. Creating a friendly webpage / site can make exchanging links easy, which encourages other webmasters to post your link.
b.] Partner with other webmasters’ sites and work with them to exchange links. Also, building an affiliate section with links to partner sites might help.
c.] Submit your websites, blogs and RSS feed into other directories or services which can help you increase your traffic and visitors.
But, be sure you don’t overdue it and don’t do it more than once every three months!
d.] Building good contents, articles and other project can help you attract visitors.
This tactics can also get other webmasters or bloggers to link back!

3.] Content rich – having a lot of contents on your site might help improve your page rank, popularity and exposure. But, it will provide a better chance of getting page hits when internet users search for information. Also, good quality articles and contents will keep them coming back.
It may be worth it to give some useful contents away for no charge, so that your website can gain some traffic.

4.] Getting awards – it’s very useful to get awards for a quality or useful site from those sites which give awards. It adds to the kudos to your site and may draw additional customers.

5.] Giving awards – giving awards is a very useful way of getting links to your site from other quality sites, since webmasters usually post the awards with a link back to your site which can be required.

6.] Active content such as discussion boards, forums and chatbox can help your website gain some exposure and traffic.
This is a very useful part of bringing people back to your site, since many enjoy the “free information” exchange that is provided by discussion boards, similar tools and services.

7.] Create a Sitemap – this tactics will make sure that all your pages can be crawled. However, some web - crawlers only crawl a site with limited number of links deep. So, please think before you try making a sitemap for other search engines. Also, having a sitemap is especially important, if you use “framed HTML” pages on your site.

To create your own Sitemap, please use this service: http://xml-sitemaps.com

8.] Be sure that all your pages are linked together using HTML links, even if user have the ability to navigate to your pages using JavaScript or other active software / programs, which are provided by 3rd party vendors. This is because web - crawlers may not be able to count links, which are provided by active programs such as JavaScript and this can keep the page rank (for search engines that rank pages) of many of your pages at a lower level than normal.

9.] Avoid possible errors, catastrophic downtime and other mistakes.

a.] Duplicate content on multiple sites can get your page rank penalized.
b.] Submitting your site to search engines too often (more than once per three months) could get you banned.
c.] Creating pages with hidden content that readers can’t see.
But, search engines and crawlers can see and can get you penalized or banned.
d.] Linking from one site to another excessively, especially if the two sites have the same “IP address” can get you penalized.
e.] Excessive spamming will get you ban or penalized. So, please be very careful!

10.] Being active and sociable to other members, from other forums and make sure that you don’t spam their place!
This tactics can also help you increase traffic!

Copyrighted by Lair360

tittat

Reaction score
Nice article lair360, the only thing that i disagree is with 9.b.
Submitting your site to search engines too often (more than once per three months) could get you banned.
The real thing is that you don't even need to submit your site to any search engine.They should find your site automatically.

sunils

Reaction score
good one liar. This is much needed tutorial for anyone who want to make it big with web site.

lair360

Reaction score
Thank you very much for your comments and praise administrator and moderator.
This article was commissioned by 40 different members from 15 different forums (including yours). I spent 5 days on this article and I tried my best to help others as much as they would do in return for a comment and praise.

Anyway, thank you for your help and everyone for letting me write this articles.

Lair360

Last edited:

takuya

Reaction score
Wow, really nice stuff. I'll start using this right now. Thx. Again! :biggrin:

gazat4

Reaction score
Nice tutorial I'm going to use the site map to add to my project. :happysad:
I don't understand what are crawlers and I never knew you domain or website can get banned. I guess its a good idea for a designer to check my website before I go live.:rant2: