how to hide or store files in .jpg extension

peejay

Reaction score
I remember once upon a time coming across a piece of software called "Camouflage" that could hide any file within any other file - very useful!

zen-r

Reaction score
This seems a very good method for the simple disguising of your files from the average non-I.T. person, & uses basic software normally already on your PC.

However, the hidden files are easily found by anyone actually looking for them. Instead, there is plenty of software out there that will do this "properly". That is, they use full password-protected encryption to hide files such as pics or video inside other files such as pics or audio (.wav) tracks. The hidden material is totally "gone" & lost as random noise inside the other file, & can only be revealed if you know the password key you have created.

By the way, I love the cat & mouse photos on JimmyR's website!

ghotel

Reaction score
This good if you wish to hide trojans in images ect, Its nothing new just stupid :/ if your gonna hide data to it properly.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Hey! I've seen things like this before. I remember hearing about this one .jpg image of a dog which was posted on sites like Facepunch Studios and 4chan where if you saved it as a .js file (JavaScript) it would run and would spam 4chan and tie up your internet connection until you got banned from their server lol. But yeah, it's a cool idea on how you can store stuff inside of images.

Last edited:

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
If I don't want my files to be found, I hide them inside a word document that I put inside a jpg.

I also encrypt the folders that contain the files, and make them appear a some normal folder structure, totally inoffensive.

Last edited: