How to I unhang hung php?

dgr-c

Reaction score
My site, http://dgrc.x10hosting.com/index.php is returning a 500 error. It's on absolut which shows status up. I've changed nothing since the last time I hit the site. The error log indicates malformed headers so I uploaded the (formerly) working version of index.php -- no joy. FTP works. A link to an html page works. PHP doesn't.

I've read the notes on PHP versions but don't see anything I"m doing that isn't compatible with just about any PHP version.

Thoughts?

TIA,
Don

Chris73

Reaction score
Try renaming your .htaccess file to .htacces.bk . If that doesn't work change it back and check that file and make sure there is not something in there that might be causing the issue.

DefecTalisman

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
@sohailamir52: That doesnt solve everything, usually if there is a problem witht the version of php it will give you an erro saying so.

dgr-c

Reaction score
Try renaming your .htaccess file to .htacces.bk . If that doesn't work change it back and check that file and make sure there is not something in there that might be causing the issue.

No joy with that approach but thanks for the suggestion.

Maybe you need to upgrade your PHP.

The upgrade is in process, we'll see how it works once the upgrade is complete. Thanks for the suggestion.

dgr-c