How to install wordpress on here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggames

Reaction score
I am completely new to wordpress. Never used it before. I would appreciate it if you could show me how to install it and put on a downloaded theme.

And can i make it so some pages are in wordpress format and some as just from html templates. i hope i was clear enought. if there's some unclarity let me know and i'll try to clarify it.

aliasneo

Reaction score
Setup is really simple:

Copy it to a folder somewhere on your space, for example /wordpress.

Go to the Cpanel and create a new database with a username and password, and keep hold of them.

go to yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/install.php and simply follow the instructions by entering the database name, login and password it requests.

Once it has finished:

http://yourdomain.com/wordpress/wp-admin/

and you will get the login page, login and start creating.

Visit the themes tab to download and install new themes.

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
You can download the Wordpress Package from Wodpress's Official Site.Then upload it in public_html folder and run install.php .And follow the onscreen instruction.

AngusThermopyle

Reaction score
Installing it via one of the cPanel Script installers would be the easiest option if they were not broken.

ggames

Reaction score
when do i get the package from? need a url where i can download.

ggames

Reaction score
Currelty i'm uploading the wordpress folder into the public folder via smartftp
EDIT:
It's gonna be slow since it's ftp
EDIT:
okay now the wordpress folder i uploaded. it's asking for the "wp-config-sample.php" file and something to do with php

what's php? what do i need to do now? THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Currelty i'm uploading the wordpress folder into the public folder via smartftp
EDIT:
It's gonna be slow since it's ftp
EDIT:
okay now the wordpress folder i uploaded. it's asking for the "wp-config-sample.php" file and something to do with php

what's php? what do i need to do now? THANKS

PHP is server side scripting language used for creating dynamic WEB PAGES.Wordpress is written in PHP language .
To know more about installing Just google it. You get a lot.

blitzkrieg

Reaction score
You can also auto-install wordpress with Fantastico.

In your Cpanel, go down until you see the "Fantastico de Luxe" icon and click on it. Next choose "Wordpress" in the left menu and click on "New Installation". You might not get the most up to date version (or maybe yes I'm not sure) but it's a 1-click installation and it's really easy for new people who don't want to learn much.

Status
Not open for further replies.