How To Know Saved password In Browser ?

techgopal

Reaction score
Lot’s if time when we read articles about security their is mentioned about to don’t save password in browser. After reading this article you will never save your password. Because this trick is about how to know saved password in u r browser.
Follow this steps to know saved password :-

1. Open any browser . I use Firefox
  2. Navigate to tools- option
  3. Click in security tab
  4. Click on saved password
  5. In Show Password tab click on view password & then you can see all saved password
  6. That’s why don’t save any password in cafe or in any public computer
Source:-
How To Know Saved password In Browser ?

Last edited by a moderator:

spadija

Reaction score
Not in Opera or Chrome. I'd check Safari too, but that's updating right now. Chrome will only show you the site and username you saved a password with, and Opera will only show you the site. Opera also gives you the option to set a master password to encrypt all the others, so you can't get at the passwords by reading the wand.dat file where they are stored.

You are right though about saving passwords on public computers. It's not a good idea.

Smith6612

I ate all of the x10Pizza
Community Support
Reaction score
Generally, if an Internet Cafe is set up well enough the administrator would have locked out the ability to save passwords, files, and change any settings on the PC while still allowing the user to perform what they need to do. Of course, best practice with those places are to never do anything important there such as banking. Never know if something is keylogging.

Last edited:

techgopal

Reaction score
yaa i will update my post title ..
smith ..
bt according to me all cafe don't provide such security.....

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
yaa i will update my post title ..
smith ..
bt according to me all cafe don't provide such security.....

That's according to you; no one should be using an internet cafe for anything involving private information. Ever. They're just not that secure, even if the sysadmin does his/her job.

Edit: I should clarify; most of the local cafe's do indeed have the systems completely locked out, deepfreeze, the whole 10 yards so nothing stays on them very long. I still don't recommend doing anything personal on them because while I trust the pc, I don't trust the user before me - even with deep freeze installed they still could've put something else on there to capture the keys.

It's just not that good of an idea to use the internet cafe for private information, whether you store passwords or not.

Last edited:

chewett

Reaction score
Last time i used an internet cafe while i was on holiday, They used an intresting system that once you logged out, it would reset the entire system back to its original state. Which was really useful as one time when i was using it, it allowed me to install opera (ie 6 is just terrible), which was then removed when i logged out, and all my personal data with it. Which was much more useful than not being able to install anything and having to use what was installed.

I talked to the owner, and it basicly loaded the "main" operating system from one disk, with all its defaults, then used a second drive to store any changes and stuff. Then when you logged out, it would restart the machine. And on restart the entire secondary disk was wiped.