How to make a x10hosting website be a sub domain to an already existing website

Status
Not open for further replies.

scribb11

Reaction score
I want html.mywebsite.com to lead to my x10hosting website, but I’m not sure how to do it, I don’t wanna do a subdomain redirect because if you do html.mywebsite.com/html.html it will go to html.mywebsite.com/
My domain host is google domains & I already have a website on http://mywebsite.com & http://www.mywebsite.com

reecehai

Reaction score
In your DNS add an A record of html.yourwebsite.com pointing to your x10 websites IP which you can find in cpanel.

reecehai

Reaction score
Where would the IP be in cpanel?
It depends on what cpanel theme your using, If you change theme to either x10 or paper lantern is will either be on the left hand size under 'Shared IP' or on the left under statistics > server information 'Shared IP Address'.

scribb11

Reaction score
When I try to change my theme, it just reloads and the theme doesn’t change... I am in the “basic” theme

lylex10h

Reaction score
Just ping user.x10host.com to get the ip. Google "ping online" if you don't know how to do this locally.

scribb11

Reaction score
This is what the ip brings me to when I do this...
ip-error.jpeg

lylex10h

Reaction score
Do you have html.mywebsite.com as a subdomain in cPanel? If not, you'll need to add mywebsite.com to cPanel as a domain and then create the subdomain. You will need to change the name servers on mywebsite.com to the x10 servers to add it to cPanel.

reecehai

Reaction score
On the top left click the icon that looks like a bar chart called statistics, then under general click server information, about half way down it should say 'Shared IP Address' with the IP you need to add an A record for.

So my IP is 198.91.81.8 and in cloudflare I have an A record of 'subdomain.mydomain.com' pointing to '198.91.81.8'

scribb11

Reaction score
On the top left click the icon that looks like a bar chart called statistics, then under general click server information, about half way down it should say 'Shared IP Address' with the IP you need to add an A record for.

So my IP is 198.91.81.8 and in cloudflare I have an A record of 'subdomain.mydomain.com' pointing to '198.91.81.8'
I get this error when doing that... (note, I use google domains)
BSEns7Qr.jpg

Also, that’s not the normal error when a non existing sub domain is entered.... this is what usually comes up when you do that
L92Vqzvr.jpg

scribb11

Reaction score
I get this error when doing that... (note, I use google domains)
BSEns7Qr.jpg

Also, that’s not the normal error when a non existing sub domain is entered.... this is what usually comes up when you do that
L92Vqzvr.jpg
Also this is my record that I setup if that helps https://imgur.com/a/hKaItot (posting a link because imgur won’t let me get a direct url for this one...)

lylex10h

Reaction score
If you need further assistance with this issue, please provide the following information:
Your domain
Your sub-domain
Your x10 sub-domain

Example:
kolbys.net
or.kolbys.net
kolbys.x10host.com

When you ask general questions, you get general answers and these are generally not helpful when you need specifics. Help us help you by providing information to reproduce your issue.

scribb11

Reaction score
My domain is scribblenerd.com, the sub domain I want is html.scribblenerd.com & my x10 site is scribblesitehtml.x10host.com, Now it’s giving me this error (I haven’t done anything)
0BFE14DD-489E-42EE-8F2B-3F76F22A5788.jpeg
And if I go to /index.html it gives me this (my x10 site has an index.html)C2B40D3C-0E84-4977-A30D-D44C81E41CB1.jpegIf you go to my x10 site you will see the homepage (just a modified index of the drive)

lylex10h

Reaction score
Do you have scribblenerd.com as an Addon Domain and html.scribblenerd.com as a Subdomain in cPanel?

lylex10h

Reaction score
I can't duplicate your secure connection error. What is the Document Root of the subdomain html.scribblenerd.com in cPanel?

Status
Not open for further replies.