How to make active link colour ?

amer89716

Reaction score
Hi

I want to make a the colour of link a different colour until the web page is being previewed in another frame but when i get off that link the colour of link should change back.

I wanted to do this as it looks more Good.

Hope you people can help me. ?

stardom

Reaction score
Use CSS to do this. Hope this helps

A:link
Defines the style for normal unvisited links.

A:visited
Defines the style for visited links.

A:active
Defines the style for active links.
A link becomes active once you click on it.

A:hover
Defines the style for hovered links.
A link is hovered when the mouse moves over it.

darknessiseek

Reaction score
<style>
a:link, a:visited {
text-decoration: none;
color: #000;
}
a:active, a:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
color: #33CC00;
}
</style>

just an example

amer89716

Reaction score
I mean when a page active the colour will stay and when i move to another hyper link the colour of that link changes back and the link i clicked on changes colour.

I am using frames you see

Jennacide

Reaction score
I mean when a page active the colour will stay and when i move to another hyper link the colour of that link changes back and the link i clicked on changes colour.

I am using frames you see

Frames shouldn't matter, the CSS suggestions above will work, providing you link the CSS to those pages loading in the frames. Although, if you're putting someone else's site or page into that frame, then no, you don't have much control over it other than a Firefox extension that allows you to predefine specific aesthetic values for YOUR viewing and only YOUR viewing... but I digress... LOL

darknessiseek

Reaction score
What i provided will do so... you can change the color... if your putting it in a php page it goes exactly like so above the <?php If your putting it in a css file take off the style tages... also you should have your css file included in your header for it to take effect... as for the code i provided you can place it in your header.. and it will effect all pages... IFRAMES with different websites you can not change their links as the poster above already stated you have no control of their site...

amer89716

Reaction score
What i provided will do so... you can change the color... if your putting it in a php page it goes exactly like so above the <?php If your putting it in a css file take off the style tages... also you should have your css file included in your header for it to take effect... as for the code i provided you can place it in your header.. and it will effect all pages... IFRAMES with different websites you can not change their links as the poster above already stated you have no control of their site...

I tried the above and i already did that in html.

here is website.

http://iphoneprobs.x10.mx/

basically if i click on one link, it stays the changes to a colour of grey cause i have visted but i am saying if i click the link the colour will go red for example. and when click the next link it goes white again and the next link goes red.