How To Make My Site Wok.. Help!

xpenz89866

Reaction score
Hello.. I am just a new member here, I would like to ask for help to anyone who can help me with my web site. I made a site page using my Gimp software but i don't know how to put it in my new created site. Do I save my file as an dot html file and upload it or what? I tried to upload it in my cPanel/File manager/Public_html but its seems I do not know what I am doing. I am really a little bit ignorant about the web. :biggrin: My domain is, (http://spencer.x10.mx). But all it have when you open it is the "Index of". Can anyone have a spare time to teach me a step by step method on how to create my own web site. You can email me (xpenz898@yahoo.com) any videos or msgs concerning this matter. Tnx..

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
You should upload your files to the public_html directory. I would suggest that you delete the current index file (index.html or index.php) from the public_html directory and then upload all of your files again.

nuwanpra

Reaction score
Hmmm...

1. You have to save pages as .html
2. Name your first page as index.html
3. Delete default index page in public_html as carl6969 adviced.
4. Upload all your main html files and other supporting files(images, scripts and css if you have) with containing folders to public_html.
5. Now you are done.
6. Add me a credit please.

xpenz89866

Reaction score
3. Delete default index page in public_html as carl6969 adviced.

Thanks for reply.. Carl & Nuwanpra..
I've checked my (cPanel/File Manager/Public_Html) but it says "No records found"
Cause before I deleted the file cgi.bin file that was there before..
Can you elaborate more info's about this.. If you have spare time, can you email me a step by step procedure, cause really I'm way over my league.. I don't know about programming so the languages html, php, or scripts is little bit hard for me. And what do you mean by "Save Pages in html". Here's a pic of supposedly page.
http://s992.photobucket.com/albums/af48/ipswitch888/PIX/
Thanks for the help.. Appreciated a lot..

Last edited:

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
And what do you mean by "Save Pages in html".
Generally your pages should have a .html or .htm extension if your pages are written in HTML (example: index.html), or a .php extension if your pages are written in PHP (example: index.php). The default page on your website, (first thing visitors see) is either index.html or index.php. All of your files should be uploaded to the public_html directory. Myself and others will be happy to help you as much as possible but you may want to consider doing some Internet research on creating websites and using Gimp.