How to make my sites address with register.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

unknownnasa1991

Reaction score
How do I make domains such that i can make the domain names like this below...

In register.com, if I register for blahblah.com for my domain here blahblah.exofire.net and because the i registered, if i type in blahblah.com, it comes to blahblah.exofire.net(homepage). IF I goto blahblah.exofire.net/page 2 in real, the domain in address bar remains blahblah.com and not blahblah.com/page 2.

How do i make this happen?

I am also awaiting PHP upgrade, cos i've got to install vBulletin... Its well over 24 hrs :(

Thanks in advance. Hope you got what i am asking...

Christopher

Retired
Reaction score
You need to set the nameservers on the domain to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Then you need to either set it as your main domain through http://x10hosting.com/account or as a parked or addon domain.
Parked = Same site as your current site
Addon = Domain gets its own folder

PHP Upgrades have been turned off until the Vox to Stoli merge is complete.

unknownnasa1991

Reaction score
You need to set the nameservers on the domain to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com

Then you need to either set it as your main domain through http://x10hosting.com/account or as a parked or addon domain.
Parked = Same site as your current site
Addon = Domain gets its own folder

PHP Upgrades have been turned off until the Vox to Stoli merge is complete.
Thanks a lot! I will get back to you if there's any problem.

Hope the merging is done quick and thanks for your patience in answering me.

Thanks
Edit:
But the problem here is that, how do you do that for automatically generated pages. I mean to say, if there's a new post in the vBulletin forum that I host and there a page 2 to the thread, how will blahblah.exofire.net/forums/somethread/page=2 be generated as blahblah.com/forums/somethread/page=2 ?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Your vBulletin forum will work with the domain you have configured on your Admin Panel or configuration file.
If you want blabla.com to have priority over blahblah.exofire.net, what I recommend you to do is:
-Unpark/Unadd blahblah.com from cPanel.
-Go to your AMP and change blahblah.exofire.net for blahblah.com
-Go to cPanel and park blahblah.exofire.net if you want to keep this subdomain too.

unknownnasa1991

Reaction score
Your vBulletin forum will work with the domain you have configured on your Admin Panel or configuration file.
If you want blabla.com to have priority over blahblah.exofire.net, what I recommend you to do is:
-Unpark/Unadd blahblah.com from cPanel.
-Go to your AMP and change blahblah.exofire.net for blahblah.com
-Go to cPanel and park blahblah.exofire.net if you want to keep this subdomain too.
Thanks a lot more fedlerner... I got the idea and I hope your suggestion will be fully functional after my vBulletin is set up after PHP upgrade...

Thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.