How to redirect a domain name

Status
Not open for further replies.

palpal79

Reaction score
Hi, I have bought a .com domain name from another company. I have updated the primary and secondary name servers to ns1.x10hosting.com and ns2.x10hosting.com then I changed my name domain name which was an x10hosting.com to my new .com but it didn't work. I have now had to revert to my x10hosting.com domain. Any ideas?

I thought it might be under parked domain so i did a test on a random site and now i can't remove it!

Please help, and sorry if this problem has come up before, I couldn't find an answer in any of the posts.

Thanks

lemon-tree

x10 Minion
Community Support
Reaction score
Did you try waiting for the DNS to propagate? It can take up to 48 hours or more for the changes you make to have effect.

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You have a .com domain that is parked. If it's the one you are speaking of, it's working perfectly when I visit it. If you're unable to visit it, try flushing your computer's dns.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
I don't think he owns that domain.

palpal79

Reaction score
Hi thanks for the responses. No the site I have in parked is not mine! I just put anything in to see what it does because i got an error when i tried to put my own in :confused:

I would like to be able to access my site with my .com only so I thought changing my main domain from the x10hosting.com to my .com would work but didn't. Was this the correct thing to do? Will I do it again and wait for a couple of days? Only problem is my site will not be accessible at all then

Thanks

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
Your site is accessible with the .x10hosting.com domain you have. Try to change it to the main domain again, and try to remove the parked domain because it doesn't belong to you.

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
Can you park the domain you own?
If you cannot, please post the error. And any error the system gives when you try to remove cakes com

palpal79

Reaction score
Hi thanks again. I get the following error when I try to remove cakes.com

Error from hooks wrapper: Domain action was not successfully completed [1]. Error: Error from park wrapper: Unable to find out which user owns the parked domain cakes.com.

Sorry about this, I wasn't sure what parked domain does and just put anything in, if you could remove it I would really appreciate it.

I will try and change my main domain again to craicncakes.com (it's currently craicncakes.x10hosting.com) but neither domain worked last time when I did this. How long does it usually take?

Cheers

calistoy

Free Support Volunteer
Community Support
Reaction score
You can check the progress of an open action in your account panel. How long it takes depends how many actions are pending in the server. The dns also might take around 48 hours to propagate starting from when you changed the nameservers of your .com domain.

While you try to place your domain as the main one again, I'll escalate this ticket to address the issue of removing that parked domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.