How to sell my eBook?

Reaction score
Hello, I am currently writing an ebook on After Effects which I would like to sell in the near future.
Now, I do not have enough money to opt for a service like Clickbank for the selling purpose (I am a college student). So how can I sell the ebook?
By the way, I do have a personal site (debojyotighosh.com) and I would also create a Paypal account very soon. Is there a way in which I can use them for the sales purposes?
Please advise me on this. I have almost zero experience in these matters.

Regards.

wwinter

Reaction score
I think there're quite a few portals you can sell your ebook, like nanacast.com or payspree.com, etc

essellar

Community Advocate
Community Support
Reaction score
Have you looked at online publishers like Lulu.com (or whichever similar service may be more appropriate for your geographical location)? They'll handle the payment processing and so on, are free to use, and make their money by taking a small cut of the sales only (usually about 10%) on eBooks. (If you decide to do dead-tree as well, the customer pays the printing cost.) The payout options to you are usually pretty broad, from physical cheques through snail mail to PayPal (or, again, the preferred regional option). Letting someone else handle the transaction simplifies things quite a bit.

Oh -- if it's really, really good, you might want to try pitching it to someone like O'Reilly as well. You'd get more exposure, but the "trade books" for tech don't tend to generate much in the way of income. It depends whether you want the book itself to make money or see the book as an avenue for you to land more lucrative engagements.

Reaction score
Well, the above sites seem to be good. I'll do a bit more research on them later; I am currently taking my college exams.