how to upload files

Status
Not open for further replies.

srikanth

Reaction score
hi,
I have builded my home page on my local system. Now i want to upload it to x10hosting, but i could not get how to do it. plz some one explain me in detail, has i am new to web creation.
Thanking in advance.

Rhianna

Reaction score
srikanth said:
hi,
I have builded my home page on my local system. Now i want to upload it to x10hosting, but i could not get how to do it. plz some one explain me in detail, has i am new to web creation.
Thanking in advance.

I just sent you a PM on how to use your created user name & password to get into cPanel & configure a FTP (file transfer protocol) client.

Transfer your html files, jpegs, gifs -- whatever you are using to create your site to your public_html folder with a FTP client/device. I recommend the free program called Filezilla that you can download for free and use for free from http://www.cnet.com/

It is very important that all your files are sent to your your public_html folder (or else no one can view them).

I hope this helps :smile:

prasys

Reaction score
It depends :-

Many methods

- Via File Manager in cPanel - simple to use and best of all , its easy

- Via FTP (that is ftp://yourcpanelid.x10hosting.com) . IE has a Bulit-in FTP Client on it , of course that is a lame FTP Client , you might want to get a better client

- Via Frontpage - Yep , if you use Frontpage ,you can upload it directly here , there is no problem at all

- Via SSH/Shell (this server does not support it) Ah , SSH , If you into *nix then you will find this is the easiest method to upload....:D

Rhianna

Reaction score
prasys said:
It depends :-

Many methods

- Via File Manager in cPanel - simple to use and best of all , its easy
-

Yes, it's easy but that's the slow way to upload one's files. FTP is a lot faster.

I think Filezilla is fairly self-explanatory and easy to use (I like it). There are other FTP programs you can download from cnet. Read the descriptions because not every program will be "freeware." "Shareware" usually will have a time limit (i.e. after a month, you'd have to pay for it).

Did x10Hosting have a thread about favorite FTP programs? Do a search & see what others have recommended.

Check out this thread for more opinions about diffferent FTP programs:

http://www.pcriot.com/showthread.php?t=353

@prasys: Thank you for all of your tips :smile:

sh8y

Reaction score
I use SmartFTP. Easy to navigate, and best of all, its free for noncommercial use. Check it out. Very fast.

Conor

Reaction score
sh8y said:
I use SmartFTP. Easy to navigate, and best of all, its free for noncommercial use. Check it out. Very fast.
Yep it is great. Sometime it goes down for me though...

Status
Not open for further replies.