How to use Microsoft Server 2008 ADS ?

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
I wanna how to make my client pcs drive ( C, D,E) hidden using ADS.... Can anyone helppp
Edit:
Pls help iam in big trouble..........
Edit:
Anyone pls reply.....

Last edited:

slacker3

Reaction score
you can hide windows shares by adding an dollar sign ($) at the end of the share name
..or just not share it at all

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
thks slacker,
But should i log into all my client pc to do so.. or can i manage it from my server
Also please mention about giving out a folder to client that semms as a storage location in client PC
( mapping)

slacker3

Reaction score
thks slacker,
But should i log into all my client pc to do so.. or can i manage it from my server
Also please mention about giving out a folder to client that semms as a storage location in client PC
( mapping)

That's the point of "Active Directory", you don't have to run from one client to another.
By sharing for example "storage$", the share wouldn't show off in network explorer, but can be accessed and mapped as network drive by typing in the full share name on the client.

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
That's the point of "Active Directory", you don't have to run from one client to another.
By sharing for example "storage$", the share wouldn't show off in network explorer, but can be accessed and mapped as network drive by typing in the full share name on the client.

Ok , can i disable right clicks from server

slacker3

Reaction score
uhmm.. don't know.. why would you want to do that?

btw, I'm no windows expert (haven't even used it in the last 3 years, except for gaming).

vishal

Community Support
Reaction score
I am a admin ,So i have been given order to do such......
if u know how to do it pls post