How to White-list CloudFlare's IP adresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

anshux

Reaction score
Hello!

I signed up on CloudFare recently and would appreciate your help in white-listing CloudFlare's IP addresses on x10. I already know the IP addresses but can't seem to find where to add them. Please help!

usama_rasab27

Reaction score
Hi, for cloudflare, you'll need your own domain name, not a .x10.mx domain. If you already have your own domain name, set the nameservers to the ones that cloudflare gave you.

ace_case

Reaction score
The cloudflare option in the cPanel should allow you to have it with a .x10.mx domain.

hellmetx

Prime Account
Reaction score
It seems to be enabled for mine.
Did you do anything more than enable it in the cpanel (Change the cloud from gray to orange) and set up a login with cloudflare? Did I miss a step? Am I supposed to enable it on every page below my main domain (not subdomain)? I have had a lot of people view my pages since I activated cloudflare a week or so ago, but all the checks that I have made to insure that traffic is going to their web servers shows that it is not going there (speed tests, code in the web pages, caching of web pages, etc.), and there is barely a blip on the cloudflare analytics page chart, indicating that they are not receiving any traffic.

hellmetx

Prime Account
Reaction score
Well, I see why it is not working, but I don't know how to fix it.

My site (user.x10.mx) is registered with cloudlflare. But the cname looks like this:

CNAMEwww.user.x10.mx
points to www.user.x10.mx.cdn.cloudflare.net

So, running "ping user.x10.mx" yields 198.91.81.3, which I imagine is an x10 server address.

But running "ping www.user.x10.mx" (Note the www) yields 108.162.197.246 which is a cloudflare server:
cf-protected-www.hellmet.x10.mx.cdn.cloudflare.net [108.162.197.246]

I have given out my url as user.x10.mx, so cloudflare will never work. Even if I did give it out as www.user.x10.mx, when they go to one of my subpages, won't it also fail to go to cloudflare because they do not have the "www" designation?

I came across this in the cloudflare help menu:

"CloudFlare is enabled for a subdomain that does not get traffic. Through the hosting providers, CloudFlare can only protect traffic going to certain subdomains, specifically CNAMEs. If your traffic all goes to an A record like your root domain, mydomain.com, rather than www.mydomain.com, then even if you’ve enabled CloudFlare, the traffic is not passing through our network.

To resolve this issue, you can setup a redirect in your .htaccess file from the root domain to the ‘www’ subdomain. You will want to make sure the cloud is orange for the ‘www’ subdomain. "

OK, this is my first website ever. So first, is this the correct fix? Secondly, what is an .htaccess file, where is it located, how do I edit it, and how exactly do I set up a redirect?

Maybe I named my website incorrectly when I built it. It is in the format "user.x10.mx". Should I have created a subdomain with "www" and my website should really have been www.user.x10.mx? If true can I fix that without rebuilding my entire web site?

I am totally confused at this point.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.