How to..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacob

Reaction score
Hello. I just installed PhpBB2 forums on my website (pasathletics.x10hosting.com), and the forum is currently located at http://pasathletics.x10hosting.com/forum. Is there any way that I could make it so the URL of the fourm could be forum.pasathletics.x10hosting.com or something of that sort? Is there directions anywhere on how to do that?

Thank you.
>pasmssc

Phil

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I'm not sure... But You can get .tks and .co.nrs and such.. for free and have your forum like myforums.tk

Jacob

Reaction score
I figured it out. I created the directory 'forums' to keep all the files, etc, then created a subdomain called 'forums', and now it can be accessed through forum.pasathletics.x10hosting.com and also pasathletics.x10hosting.com/forum

BigEmmaFanz

Reaction score
You could do it that way or just have a subforum called "forums" point to where it originally was, less work this way.

Bryon

I Fix Things
Reaction score
Rename the directory forum to something like forum2.

Then go into cpanel and make the subdomain "forum". A new directory should be made in the public_html/ directory (forum). If you see that directory, then go on.

Next rename the directory forum to something such as forum3. Then rename the previously renamed directory to forum and delete forum3.

That should work.. BE CAREFUL that you don't actual delete your forum directory.. That would suck a lot.

Jake

Developer
Contributors
Reaction score
you can create a subdomain, dont have it redirect anywere and then go check in your www/public_html directory, you should see a folder with the same name as the subdomain, anything in the folder will be acsessed by the subdomain.

Status
Not open for further replies.