HRU Suspended why ):

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
My site wasnt even full of users like others days with lots of users in the chat and got suspended, not even doing administrative tasks... any clue? o_o this surprises me

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

someone is attacking my site i believe!

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't panic, it's not a site attack. If it was, the logs wouldn't show a single process using 115% cpu constantly for 30+ seconds.

The url in question is actually the index.php file, and based on the request uri, it looks like it occurred when someone tried to post to the forums. That said, I'm not sure -what- they were trying to post or why it'd cause HRU, but it's definitely showing someone trying to submit something.

Last edited:

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
i got suspended twice in a row for it, no idea what is it >_< i have posted long things and never happened

Livewire

Abuse Compliance Officer
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a case where I wish the log had more info; I'm actually curious if it's possibly someone trying to post an attachment that's huge, cause that could cause the php script to continue executing for a long time with high cpu (that last part being the confusing part). There's not enough details in the log to be clear on what was the exact cause other than that it was from a posting.

blacknight.the89

Reaction score
nobody is able to post attachment except their avatars

someone was trying to post something 37 lines and 1500 chars aprox it was the only user in that moment posting others were mins inactive and 2 using the chat... we are using only chat now and no suspension yet.

I was suspended in the past because someone was posting over 8k chars and uploading images to the website, and Anna said it was using only "3/4 of one CPU" not even the second one... this is weird >_<

---------- Post added at 01:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:29 AM ----------

OK unsuspend me please.... somehow posting in my site is impossible without getting suspended >_< now? great...

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
Disable your plugins... high resource usage is almost always caused by poorly coded plugins\modules. Chat scripts are notorious for using vast amounts of resources also.

Status
Not open for further replies.