.htaccess Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie22

Reaction score
Ok, i need .htaccess For a script i want to run for my site

But for some reson i cant locate it, im running a forum and that seems to be running fine

but i really want to know were .htaccess is

my cpanel link is http://habtimes.x10hosting.com:2082/

can someone please help me with this

or can a member of staff please add the .htaccess file to my public_html

Derek

Community Support Force
Community Support
Reaction score
Open notepad create what you want and pur it into the folder that you want it to be in. Or use cPanel and create a redirect and it should create a .htaccess in your public_html folder.

blakec

Reaction score
Here's what I do to edit my .htaccess file:

If you know the location of the .htaccess file:
1. Log in to cPanel.
2. Go to the File Manager.
3. Right-click any file and click "Edit."
4. At the top of the window, there will be a text box where you can enter a file name. Type in the location of the .htaccess file and click Go.

If you do not know the location of the .htaccess file:
1. Go to https://fit.jupiterit.com/
2. Under "FTP Server," enter the IP address of the server that your site resides on. (This can be found by logging in to cPanel and scrolling down, looking at the left sidebar for "Server Name." Which IP address you should enter can be found here. Enter the IP address that is located underneath the server name there.)
3. Enter the username and password you use to log in to cPanel.
4. Click "Connect." You should now be able to browse through your files and folders. Double-click a file to edit it.

I actually prefer using the FTP client either way, just because when you save a file, you are still viewing it and can keep editing it right away (if you're troubleshooting or want to constantly edit a file), instead of in the cPanel File Manager, where it takes you to a new page, and you have to click a link to get back to editing the file.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.