Html Editing

zjrole

Reaction score
Hi I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section but I wanted to know of a program that lets you see the page that your editing and lets you click the section you want to edit. Like if you had index.html for example and it didnt show the code but insead showed only the code of the section you click on to let you edit easily. Thanks

matthew88

Reaction score
Im not a application/program maker.

But if i tired this in PHP, you would have to learn the functions for safely converting RAW HTML code into safely fit into and <textarea>.

Another Thing you would have to do is define a piece of code that can be inserted into the HTML code to divide sections of interest. This way your able to section your code off easily. Since im not a FLASH i would use javascript/AJAX to be able to select sections of the HTML so you can edit it.

If you really need more help with the details you can ask and i'll help assist you. Simply creating a PHP page to edit HTML documents should be less than 500 lines of code with a professional look and layout.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
KompoZer and Amaya both offer split-view editing, placing a rendered view of the page next to the source view (Amaya also offers a tree view & others, and lets you switch between a horizontal or vertical split layout). When you click on an element in the rendered view, KompoZer will display the source for only that element and its descendents, while Amaya will jump to the starting line for that element in the source view. Not exactly what you're looking for, but that's the closest I've ever seen. The old Mozilla Composer (part of the Mozilla Suite) may have had an editing closer to what you describe; it's become SeaMonkey.