HTML in Flash HELP!

vannilacoke7

Reaction score
So I was editing my website in CPanel one day and I accidentally deleted the index.html file. This file was as you know important and it had all the meta tags and customized stuff and such which could be simply could be replaced. So I uploaded the index page that came with the Photon Template from FlashVillage.com. But now the page doesn't work. The flash doesn't load and if it does come up it doesn't come up right. For the first time it said I needed AC_RunActiveContent.js. So I uploaded that and it still doesn't work. I have tried using other tutorials for making a index.html page for a flash website. But I JUST NEED HELP NOW. If you can help thank you.

www.technicolorcanvas.com

is the website

opa766

Reaction score
You probably need to go into the index.html file and make sure that the flash mov file is correctly specified; make sure the path is correct (for example, on a windows machine it might be C:\Windows\System\MYFILE.MOV for the 'path' to a movie file called MYFILE.MOV).

Is your movie called "index.swf" and located in your root user directory? That is what it looks like it is trying to call. One thing I did notice is that you're using the 'embed' tag which I believe has been phased out by Internet Explorer. I don't usually use the tag so I'm not sure, but I believe you have to use iFrame tags now.

After looking at your site and trying to access www.technicolorcanvas.com/index.swf, I think it is most probable though that your index.swf (your movie file) got deleted somehow or was corrupted.

I know that isn't much to go on, but good luck.

VPmase

Reaction score
You have to have an index file. SWF files don't count. Make an HTML with an object and embed for the index.swf and you should be fine.

Also, its always a good idea to backup your files instead of have just one copy.