HTML ONLY or a CMS with NO EDITABLE HTML?

SykaX

Reaction score
Okay, say you have a really horrible webhost and they only allow you two choices: HTML only or a CMS with no editable/addable/etc. HTML.

By this, I mean completely bare-to-bones HTML, no CSS/Java/whatever in it.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'd go with the CMS. I'm never able to create a good page with HTML only, it has to include some CSS/JavaScript/PHP. With the CMS, atleast I could chose from some pre-made templates and edit the content rather easily.

Last edited:

panop

Reaction score
I'd go with CMS as well. At least it offers you a little more flexibility, and it doesn't take as long to type.

You would have to have a REALLY horrible webhost to only have those two options, though...

wheener

Reaction score
If webhost has good servers then CMS but if it has slower servers the site would be virtually unuseable so HTML.

GFXDude2010

Reaction score
Could we use DHTML? It's a type of HTML. If DHTML was allowed, then I'd go with the pure HTML version. CMS can be useful, but if DHTML is allowed, then it can be just as useful, and you can claim that you made the site from scratch!

SykaX

Reaction score
Could we use DHTML? It's a type of HTML. If DHTML was allowed, then I'd go with the pure HTML version. CMS can be useful, but if DHTML is allowed, then it can be just as useful, and you can claim that you made the site from scratch!

Nope, it has to be regular, old, HTML.

If they allowed DHTML, I'd use it, too. That kinda makes the question useless, though.

Last edited:

fireball87

Reaction score
I almost wish we were back in the day where websites were super readable hunks of plain text. Everything was nice and quick, and really easy to edit. That said I use CMS's for almost every website I build anymore. Mostly because they allow for good community, which is impossible with just html based sites.

agaitu

Banned
Reaction score
i would go with cms since i have very less knowledge in html and i require css

InsanityOnline

Reaction score
I would definitely go with the CMS, because I don't know very much about HTML.

Luckily, we don't have to adhere to these tiny standards! :D

Would either of them be forum-capable? I love forums more than the web space itself, for some reason.