html software

M.K.L.

Reaction score
i need a good program for html making..dose anybody now any good ones

Richard

Reaction score
The only prooblem is that Dreamweaver costs money

Before I got dreamweaver I used a program called 1st Page 2000 www.evrsoft.com
There is also a program called HTML-Kit theres a favicon creator on the site too

Hope this helps

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
I also recommend Dreamweaver.

-Corey

Su2000

Reaction score
Dreamweaver is a good way to go, if you have enough money for it. It not, save some and use HTML-Kit like what Seeker said. Until you got enough, go to an electronics store and get that copy. (more than enough, studio mx 2004) You can use Microsoft Word for pages, but it's recommended not to (too many codes if you see it from notepad once you save it.

asianu

Reaction score
why not learn basic html instead of relying on programs? you're coding will come out neater manually. go to w3c.com to learn basic tags and attributes. Then progress to css and some basic php.

MS frontpage is ok for beginners is you have it [most pc do] or dl a free wysiwyg editor like html-edit

evenhotterchilli

Reaction score
M.K.L. said:
ovcourse it coast money..thats y u dl it

LMAO! i hope you're not advocating the use of p2p networks to download and crack copies of Macromedia software illegally! :p Shame on you...

fergandross

Reaction score
I would actually recommend 1st Page 2000, it has four different levels once you download it. When it's downloaded you can choose either beginner, normal, expert or professional and it is one of the best things i have had, you even create the template with the website content and add your tables, you know how WYSIWYG usually makes you measure your table with click and drag? well then it's out of time for this because you can customise the size of it just by clicking on button and everything else can be done on it as well...you just click on what you want and the HTML is automatically added and it isn't even WYSIWYG and you don't need any experience, it think this is the best HTML editor there is on this Earth.

Richard

Reaction score
Its a great program to get started with I used it for a few years and its perfect for those wanting to get in to HTML plus it has support for several other programing languages (php, Coldfusion, ASP etc) and its got a whole bank of java scritps which I admit are out of date but all in all a very good program

BTW: Normal mode is Easy, Expert and hardcore mode combined. :D

KbFr08

Reaction score
chami html kit gives you all the tags and sub tags its great for beginners

audionation

Reaction score
Frontpage!!

I would also recommend Frontpage 2000 its really good for doing html tables and its really easy to use.

Thanks,
Steven Ross

fergandross

Reaction score
Yeah frontpage 2000 is really good, i also got frontpage 2000 express which is really good.

aman01

Reaction score
I think its better for you to learn some HTML and use what Microsoft provide you, a NotePAD! The best html editor I ever had!

Richard

Reaction score
Yea you don't need ant fancy program. Personly I can say HTML is so very easy. When I started I didn't even have a browser lol

Note: This was only 5 or 6 years ago. All I had was 2 .net mags, some print outs from www.w3c.org and notepad on a win 3.1 system. I've upgraded since then lol.

Rhianna

Reaction score
If you are looking for a a free html editor, why don't you go to places like tucows.com, cnet.com, and zdnet to search for an html editor listed in the freeware category? Read the reviews & see the ratings for the product. Beware of products with a "free trial" because they are not truly freeware.

I learned the fundamentals of html using wordpad, books, and tips from an online friend in Australia. I looked in tucows.com & cnet.com for html editors. I used to use a "freeware" html editor entitled "Web-O-Rama."
I had some understanding of html, so the program was okay. Considering that it was/still is a free program, it can help you learn html.
My only caution is even though Web-O-Rama had been classified as "freeware" in tucows.com, the program turned into "nagware" (upon starting the program, a message would appear asking for donations) :p
Software Publisher's Description
Web-O-Rama is a full-featured HTML editor with many tools, including forms for adding body and font information, special characters, hex values, images, links, lists, rules, sound, and tables. You can choose two browsers for previewing files, and use a frames form to help create framed pages. Web-O-Rama estimates download time for graphics and provides a form for adding meta information. It has a comprehensive tag list form for quickly adding commonly used tags. Also featured are Style Sheet, Copy Files, and Preferences dialog boxes, and major interface enhancements. Some knowledge of HTML is required.

This version features minor improvements and bug fixes. [1]

I suggest you read all of the reviews before you decide to download.

prasys

Reaction score
Okay , go out there and learn HTML. Learn the basics..I suggest you to get books like HTML for Dummies , 5th Edition , or go to www.htmlgoodies.com and learn HTML. You just need to know the basics at least. Then notepad/TextWrite will be your friend

Of course , you might want to try Frontpage , but then it adds extra "M$' code on it. Pretty cheap...It does not give you the True Power of HTML , and it normaly requires you to upload the site on a Frontpage.Ext Server..I also suggest you getting Dreamwear .(if you want to spend $$$$ on a software)

For freebies :-

1st Page 2000 or Notepad will do the trick

aman01

Reaction score
yes. it work as a browser/chat app and html composer. Good software.