Html tables messed up when i use css

thecarver

Reaction score
I'm completely new to CSS, and i tried putting some into my site, it all worked fine except for one thing: the tables
all the table fonts are really big, and when i change the font-size attribute for my page, it changes everything except the tables...
can anyone help me please?
thanks

randomize

Reaction score
change your css to the following

Code:
body, td, th
{
font-size: 10px;
}

OR

Code:
.table
{
font-size: 10px;
}

<table class="table" ....>

Regards,
Randomize

devmaster

Reaction score
thecarver said:
I'm completely new to CSS, and i tried putting some into my site, it all worked fine except for one thing: the tables
all the table fonts are really big, and when i change the font-size attribute for my page, it changes everything except the tables...
can anyone help me please?
thanks
table based designs are a thing of the past css-positioned divs are the future :cool:

Last edited:

jensen

Reaction score
CSS has been made to replace tables for layouts. So if you are learning CSS, you can learn to make websites without the tables.

Tables are now mostly used to present data and not for layouts.

Spartan Erik

Retired
Reaction score
Lol I initially started with HTML based div's; moved on to CSS after that, but never liked it. Tables are easier, for me anyway, as opposed to CSS coded div's

jensen

Reaction score
what's your website. Can I try changing it to CSS for you and show you a sample?
Will just do one pageof course. :)

randomize

Reaction score
I originally designed the sites with tables, but recently, I have been messing about with Divs and CSS etc, and it seems to be going ok.

http://codingfreakz.x10hosting.com/v1

This is like a test layout that I have been messing around with, using CSS and DIVs, and I must admit, it is easy once you get to know it, except at the moment I am having just a few problems with this, Lol.

Regards,
Randomize

jensen

Reaction score
Your site looks ok on the IE6 browser. Except that the menu on the right side seems to be a little further away than it should be. Yesterday on the IE7 beta2 browser your lefthand menu was overlapping the main section.

Looking at your source shows you are in love with DIV's but it's overdone. Looks more like tables in DIV format.

You can put all the menu on the left into one div and then put nested div's just for each group of items. So you can move them as a whole group. Try visiting www.cssplay.co.uk for ideas, stu has lots of great CSS work arounds and very into CSS.

ok here's randomize's page with less DIV's (with compliments)
http://www.jensen.x10hosting.com/test/randomize1.html

Last edited: