HTTP 500. Error processing request. (gdiplus.dll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

boelectronic

Banned
Reaction score
System.DllNotFoundException: gdiplus.dll
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)
at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000]

after putting below code, I got that error, I understand linux server cannot support such file, but, what code I can use instead of <asp:menu> or what change I can apply to it to make it working on my site for navigation menu based on my XML site map?
:rant2:
Code:
        <asp:Menu ID="Menu1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1" 
            Orientation="Horizontal" Width="100%">
            <DataBindings>
                <asp:MenuItemBinding DataMember="SiteMapNode" TextField="Title" />
            </DataBindings>
        </asp:Menu>
        <asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" 
            ShowStartingNode="False" />

Hue Kares

Reaction score
Hello boelectronic

As you've already identified, there is an annoying issue with the Menu control. As for alternatives? Well, you could build your own custom control, or if it suits your purpose, try a Treeview.

I have tested the following, so I can tell you it will display the contents of your Web.sitemap file:

HTML:
<asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" />
<asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1" />

Good luck, I look forward to seeing your site up and running.

boelectronic

Banned
Reaction score
Hello boelectronic

As you've already identified, there is an annoying issue with the Menu control. As for alternatives? Well, you could build your own custom control, or if it suits your purpose, try a Treeview.

I have tested the following, so I can tell you it will display the contents of your Web.sitemap file:

HTML:
<asp:SiteMapDataSource ID="SiteMapDataSource1" runat="server" />
<asp:TreeView ID="TreeView1" runat="server" DataSourceID="SiteMapDataSource1" />
Good luck, I look forward to seeing your site up and running.

thanks for reply.

before posting here I've used TreeView for site map and it works, but it cannot help my site for the main navigation in top.

http://boelectronic.pcriot.com/sitemap.aspx

in that link, tree view works, but in this link I am testing menu code:
http://boelectronic.pcriot.com/test-files/testdw.aspx

ok! it seems I must create something custom or keep updating all links in all pages manually!

Status
Not open for further replies.