HTTP error code 500 returned by "sophisticated" php scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

similitux

Reaction score
Hello,

I am encountering problems with my php scripts :

I have a Dotclear blog engine installation, nothing works, I get no content (but no error), just a blank page, and a HTTP 500 error code. I host a facebook application that I wrote (AmarokNowPlaying), and all PHP scripts are returning HTTP 500, expect one "script" :

PHP:
<?php

echo '~0.7~ ~http://codingteam.net/project/amaroknowplaying~';

?>

That's why I used the word "sophisticated".

500 is "Generic server error" so:

I tried to upgrade PHP version, because x10hosting's panel (not Cpanel) says "PHP Version -5.2.8 Version 1 - Basic", but I got the message "This feature is not currently activated on your account. All accounts are set to x10Hosting's PHP v2. If you are not sure what that means, don't worry about it."

I also have .htaccess file at the root of my web directory, but I'm not the one who made it (I think it comes from Dotclear install). I tried to rename it so as to deactivate it, but it didn't change anything.

Ok, so what to do ? any clue ?

Account informations :
your account is currently in good standing
Hosting Type -Ad-Free

Email Address -jany.belluz@hotmail.fr

Account ID -MFA0840007267

Username -jbell

Domain -similitux.exofire.net

Server -Cossacks.x10

Creation Date -4:16am wed, jul 30 2008

Package -adfree-adfree

Advertisement -Not Required

Disk Space -500M allotted

Bandwidth -10000M allotted

PHP Version -5.2.8 Version 1 - Basic

Your Website Address -http://similitux.exofire.net
cPanel URL -http://cossacks.x10hosting.com:2082

Bandwidth Used This Month: 1047m of 10000m
Disk Space Used: 153m of 500m

PS: I forgot to say that Cpanel works.

Similitux.

Last edited:

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
Even though it says you have php v1, you have v2 right now. When things are fixed you will go back to v1.

I'm guessing the problem is you are using some function or another that is required for your script to work but is not allowed by X10 for the php version you are on. Namely, fsockopen() tends to cause 99% of the problems.

You might want to post the code for your script in the programming help forum so someone experienced with the limitations can hopefully find the problem.

If you don't want to post it, you can PM it to me and I will take a look at it or try to run it on my private HTTP server for debugging.

Last edited:

similitux

Reaction score
Ok... I looked for "fsockopen" and both my blog engine and the Facebook PHP api use it.

How could I overcome this (wich functions are allowed that could do the same thing ?)? or when would this function be allowed again ? I was already on php v2 before the server changes.

Thanks for answers,

Similitux.

PS : could I use curl based functions ?

Last edited:
Reaction score
In answer to the question when will it be allowed again - when the backend gets fixed up with php levels.

Garret, or someone with php knowledge will have to answer your other question with regards to using another function.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
fsockopen is only allowed in php V3. With your facebook application, I think that the admin staff may consider you for v3, when it is possible for them to do this for you. V3 is no joke, you must have a good reason to be allowed to use it.

CURL can allow you to work around some fsockopen() calls, but I would imagine with a facebook app a workaround is not possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.