http://www.lmaowtf.com - Image sharing service

dragonpimpsta

Reaction score
http://www.lmaowtf.com/ - Image sharing service (Yeah I know, not very original)

Hi, I've posted pretty much every site I've made in this forum because you guys are good at reviewing.

Well anyways,

This is my first full functional web service that is php/mysql based. That being said, I do not consider myself a really good php programmer. What i'm getting at is there might be a bunch of flaws and/or holes in the websites functionality/security/etc. If anyone can spot flaws I would appreciate being told what and where that flaw is (Just please don't delete my whole website or something that will annoy me).

I use the userCake opensource user management system, but i modified it a bit. I've noticed some login/logout issues that i need to fix. I hope thats not a huge security hole in itself.

I don't know much about javascript so most the java i used is opensource scripts right now also.

About the website:
When design it I was inspired to make a website similiar to fatpita.net but it allows users to post their own content like imgur.com. It is in no way competition for imgur because this is coded way poorer, but hopefully it works nicely.

I had the domain lmaowtf.com so I figured I'd make a rating system like "hot or not" thats based on "lmao or wtf". Yeah, it's kind of stupid but for my purposed it was cool to make something like that for the first time (and have it work).

I was inspired by twitters popular hashtags to add a system like that for the images. It works nicely for setting categories of popular submitted images.

Lastly, you can browse the website's images with the arrow keys: left (previous), right (next), down (random), up(top rated)

Please let me know what you think if anyone checks the website out. If there's problems let me know. (please dont take advantage of any problems)

Thanks!

p.s.
I only uploaded 3 images to it as a demo. So it's not very entertaining right now
--edit: someone since then uploaded an animated gif--- now 4 images

Last edited:

gameaddict2085

Prime Account
Reaction score
I really like it, and some of the images are brilliant. I couldn't find many bugs, the main thing that annoyed me is pictures that didn't fit in screen I press the arrow keys to scroll but for some reason it loads up different pictures maybe because its clicking the links in the right side bar, I don't know whether its fixable or not but hopefully you can stop it happening.

eggo9432

Reaction score
The site is nice but you really need to fix the registration system. Firstly, I would not include facebook integration for registration. Secondly, after a user is registered, bring them to a page that says that they have been sent a verification email, that would be very helpful. Also, I never actually got a verification email, so I could not login because it said that I had yet to register. Please tell me when you have fixed this, as I would love to try the site after I am able to login. I hope this helped, and please tell me what you think of my site: http://www.pearlsquirrel.com/.