Huge file upload problems

thenewprogrammer

Reaction score
using a upload script that works perfectly but one problem. When i upload huge files it triggers the file is greater than limit error. Seems pretty obvious on how to fix it. So i made file size with billion 9's. But it still fails no matter what size i put. Other files upload fine but than i tryed uploading .iso file, which is 4 gigs but always triggers this error. I use internet explorerer 8 and mozila firefox.

The uploader i am using is this. I changed the file type allowed and file size on it.
http://webdeveloperplus.com/jquery/multiple-file-upload-with-progress-bar-using-jquery/

Gouri

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Are you trying it on your pc. Then just check that you are using the NTFS or FAT32 partition for upload Because the FAT32 partition has 4GB limit. Which is more than 4GB will give problem.

If it is on x10hosting then uploading bigger files is not allowed.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
If the server-side script handling the upload is written in PHP, the upload_max_filesize, post_max_size and memory_limit directives all limit the size of files. As gsonline mentions, all these limits on X10 are far less than 4GB, as is the file quota (500 MB on the basic free account), unless you have premium. You'll find similar limits on most any system except those you run yourself. You also don't want to breach the terms of service.