I’ve got one question about the T&C’s for this host.

garry68

Reaction score
I intended to use this to test host my FreeNotes site that I made. This doesn’t auto-upload, or auto-anything-else, but user-added content (pure text, no graphics images) can be uploaded to the site...

I wouldn’t call this an auto-blogger though, but I don’t want to put something up that would just end up getting banned! Would this contravene the T&C?

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I’m probably not giving a good idea of what this does here...
It’s essentially a message site that runs bespoke scripts to auto-update the site content, based on user input text messages.

It writes temporary information to a .CSV file when doing this, which is then used to create the auto-assembled HTML page.

So is this type of thing within the rules?

x10ratx1

Reaction score
Considering image boards were allowed when I was last here (few months back) I believe it's fine as its really not different.

misson

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Image boards fall more under the "Image galleries" restriction. The closest thing I can see in the ToS that would apply is the provision that:
Personal accounts are to be used by the primary owner only. Personal account holders are not permitted to resell, store or give away web-hosting services of their website to other parties. Web hosting services are defined as allowing a separate, third party to host content on the owner's web site.
From my understanding, user submitted content doesn't qualify as a "web hosting service", so isn't forbidden by this provision. However, I'm not an X10 representative, so my comments shouldn't be taken as authoritative.