I am 17, still in high school, i invested some money in fragrances, i want to....

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavishperfume

Reaction score
Start a website that i can use to advertise my business. I have no clue where to start, its like im lost in a jungle and dont know where to go. If somebody can reply to me with guidance it would be very appreciative. I signed up for x10hosting.com, but everytime i sign in it asks me for my control panel username and that is "lavishperfume" but it doesnt go through for some reason. I figured out how to use the html codes and etc. I just need help in geting a url that can say something like "lavishperfume.x10hosting.com" is their a way i can get my own url name?

Please reply back with you can help.

lavishperfume

Reaction score
what is a sub domain?

i got as far as this lavishperfume.x10hosting.com but when ever i go on it, theirs no webpage, or anything, it just an advertising page, saying stuff like "getting started" and "site builder" i clicked "site builder" and followed the 3 steps, when i was dont it gave me a link to this site with crazy numbers and letters, i guess it was some sort of code.

i just want a simple webpage, that i can use html codes on, and change when ever i want.

Corey

I Break Things
Staff member
Reaction score
The page you are seeing is the default place holder page that comes with every account. You can delete it.

I would first suggest logging into http://x10hosting.com/login (Use your forum user\pass). Once logged in upgrade your PHP version to intermediate. This will allow you to use the sitebuilder.

blueiron

Reaction score
http://lavishperfume.x10hosting.com:2082

After you've logged in, find the area titled "Files" and click on the link/icon labeled "File Manager".
This should open an new page with three panes: Top, Lower-left, and Lower-right.
In the Lower left pane, there should be a folder, with a planet beside it, and words saying "public_html" Click that.
After that, the Lower right pane should change, and you'll see files and folder with labels in it.

After clicking "public_html" search the right pane for a file called "index.html" and select it.
Now that you've selected the "index.html" file, look in the top pane for an icon/link labeled "HTML Editor" and click that (If you've selected the HTML file, this icon should be colored and NOT gray).

The HTML Editor should load up, and ask you about a character encoding, you may click the "Disable Encoding" button, if you are only using english-like languages on your site. Continue on and edit the file.

The HTML Editor will load the rest of the way up, and show you the page, as it currently is, in "Design" view. Tinker around with the editor, and get to know how to use it, either in Design mode or Source mode, which ever you prefer. You can switch between modes by using the buttons at the very bottom of the editor.

This will allow you to edit/create your index page, BE SURE TO SAVE THE PAGE WHEN YOU'RE DONE EDITING!!!

With the HTML Editor and File Manager you can create and manage all your site files. Just "play" around with some of it until you get comfortable using them and continue building your website.
If you have questions, just ask.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.