I am DEVASTATED!! because of x10 hosting

Status
Not open for further replies.

arjsoffadd51

Reaction score
Till morning everything was running fine.. absolutely ..

I type site URL in afternoon and BAM!! everything is gone!!

I login to my cpaneL only to find that I dont have any databases.

WTF was that ?? :mad:

All i was running was a private phpbb forum with 4 users. WHY were my databases deleted without any warning or notice ???

What did I do ??

All my hard work in setting up the nice forum gone .. everything gone.. i feel like cursing x10 people .. !!!!!!

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
To confirm, your account is on Absolut which is being migrated to new server. Your data is safe and everything will be back to normal as soon as the migration is complete.

Carl

arjsoffadd51

Reaction score
Phew ..

I am really glad to know that my data is not deleted and is safe.

I was really shocked .. and I apologies for the harsh language.

But this is really wrong, there should be a notification or an alert email send to the website owner informing beforehand if any such thing is going to happen.

Considering the excellent standard of your hosting services, i am surprised there was no notification sent to me.

Anyways, I hope my website will be up soon.

P.S: The moderators can change/edit the title of my support request, if they feel so.

---------- Post added at 02:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Its been hours now and the website is still not working..

Such downtime without any notice, i don't know what to say now.

Any ETA .. when the transfer or whatever it is will be complete?? any temporary method or way to get the website working till then ??

vishal

-::-X10 Guru-::-
Community Support
Reaction score
Currently we dont have any ETA when it will be over.

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
Your concerns were (and are) completely understandable. No worries.
We do not currently have an ETA on when the work will be completed.
Unfortunately you will just have to wait until the work is done.
Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Carl

siggi

Reaction score
Re: Phew ..

But this is really wrong, there should be a notification or an alert email send to the website owner informing beforehand if any such thing is going to happen.

I agree, I didn't get any email in advance.
The migration better complete before Monday, because I need to do something with it on Monday.

arjsoffadd51

Reaction score
absolute server migration was announced on June 27th.

See the date above, when I opened this thread :|

And its been 8 days since then, and no sign of website, database, or cpanel.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
I work it out at 6 days... Server migration can take a long time with the amount of users too. Please be patient, I waited 2 weeks to transfer to fris.

arjsoffadd51

Reaction score
its been over 1 week, and u are saying it will take a week more?? OMG!!

Until now i was loosing crucial time, but now i will start loosing $$ also, as my team is suffering without the forum i had hosted.

I request, if it is going to take so long, please give us back our files and database, i cant bear any more loss.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
ok, if you have a backup of all the stuff then please do host another website temporararly.

arjsoffadd51

Reaction score
I don't have a backup man. I am requesting my website data, so I can host it at least through my PC locally, for the time being, because I cannot suffer any more loss.

x10 team please, get an idea on the ETA for completion of migration. If it is going to take longer, give us back our files :|

carl6969

Community Support Team
Community Support
Reaction score
its been over 1 week, and u are saying it will take a week more?? OMG!!
Who said it was going to take a week more? Did staff / management of x10Hosting say that?

I don't have a backup man. I am requesting my website data, so I can host it at least through my PC locally, for the time being, because I cannot suffer any more loss.
You should always have recent backups of your website and databases I backup my website and data at least every couple of days.

x10 team please, get an idea on the ETA for completion of migration. If it is going to take longer, give us back our files :|
We do not have an estimate for completion of the migration. There are too many variable involved in something like this and it is impossible to make any accurate predictions. We cannot give you your files back because that is simply not possible. As stated above, you should always have your own backups.

GtoXic

x10 Support
Reaction score
I said it would be a bit longer. Not another week. As far as I know alot of users have already been moved due to all the apache restarts.

Status
Not open for further replies.