i am still not able to connect to stoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

maestro77

Reaction score
it has been more than 2 weeks now that my website has not been working because there is still being work done on the Stoli MySQL server ??

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
it has been more than 2 weeks now that my website has not been working because there is still being work done on the Stoli MySQL server ??

MYSQL server on stoli is working fine. Also your website http://ion.elementfx.com is working fine here.

Flush your DNS clear your browser cache and try again.

tbacoop

Prime Account
Reaction score
I too have the same problem and have for 2 months now. We are getting no answers. Now we have to log a ticket after all of this - TBACOOP

xav0989

Community Public Relation
Community Support
Reaction score
@tbacoop, I can't find your hosting account. Where you suspended for 10 straight days?

maestro77

Reaction score
Hey Zubair,

I know my website (ion.elementfx.com) is working fine, but there's also no SQL in there, just a little PHP and Flash. There's normally a Flash-check and then forward to my main page: ion.elementfx.com/alpha/ which, unfortunately STILL does not work.

I use firefox, chrome, and also have to make sure things look good in Safari and IExplorer ... I have taken care of the DNS and flushed all the browser caches ... trust me, I can't even get to my WordPress admin login page: ion.elementfx.com/alpha/wp-admin/index.php !!!

So, let's try again, shall we? Please?
respectfully,
maestro77

p.s.: this is what i get for a page trying to get to my WP login:

Error establishing a database connection

This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can't contact the database server at mysql-stoli.x10hosting.com. This could mean your host's database server is down.

* Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
* Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
* Are you sure that the database server is running?

If you're unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Last edited:

descalzo

Grim Squeaker
Community Support
Reaction score
/public_html/alpha/wp-config.php

Open and check and make sure it says:

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

If it does, go to cPanel --> mySQL Database tool.
Drop the wordpress user from the database and then add hiim back, making sure on the pop up window to give all permissions (default is NONE, you have to check the ALL box).

maestro77

Reaction score
hello descalzo,

no, my 'localhost' is set to 'mysql-stoli.x10hosting.com' ... should i change it back to localhost and readd the root user like you said?

cheers!
maestro77

frenchcelt

Reaction score
/public_html/alpha/wp-config.php

Open and check and make sure it says:

/** MySQL hostname */
define('DB_HOST', 'localhost');

If it does, go to cPanel --> mySQL Database tool.
Drop the wordpress user from the database and then add hiim back, making sure on the pop up window to give all permissions (default is NONE, you have to check the ALL box).

I did it for my wordpress blog and mysql now works, thanks descalzo !!!

Zubair

Community Leader
Community Support
Reaction score
hello descalzo,

no, my 'localhost' is set to 'mysql-stoli.x10hosting.com' ... should i change it back to localhost and readd the root user like you said?

cheers!
maestro77

Yes change it to localhost

Status
Not open for further replies.