Resolved I can't access DirectAdmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter.szucs.dev46

Prime Account
Reaction score
I have set up the website at 31.185.110.119, which is the static IP of my dedicated server.
Can you set the DNS address of sajty.elementfx.com to 31.185.110.119 and keep it forever like that?
Then I don't need the illuminated hosting anymore and everyone is happy. :)

Last edited:

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
That is not really an option, as we provide the free domains for use with our services.

With the account being on Illuminated I can not access it even for doing a temporary change to the DNS, nor can I access the actual name servers to do so. Also the domain would eventually be fully removed if the account end up deleted as being inactive.

Not the news you were hoping to get unfortunately.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
I spoke to the head admin once more and you should be good to log in now.

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed when I checked your account that the domain was not listed, I corrected this and the domain should now be working properly.

Due to it missing in DA it had not been updated with the new IP and thus still pointed to the old server which is what gave that error.

Note though that with DA directory listing is off by default and since you don't appear to have a index file (index.php, index.html etc) you will see an error unless you specify the folder/file as well.

You can turn directory listing on through .htaccess, by adding this on a single line "Options +Indexes" (without quotes).

peter.szucs.dev46

Prime Account
Reaction score
Ok, so now all my files are gone...

Edit: It seems that /public_html is a not working symbolic link. Maybe there are access issues? I should have an empty index.html in root directory.

peter.szucs.dev46

Prime Account
Reaction score
Do I get a notification before the 30 day login expire time or do I need to set a reminder by myself?

Anna

I am just me
Staff member
Reaction score
There should be emails going out, though personally I'd recommend setting your own reminder as well just to be safe, it has happened that the emails have been mistaken for spam (likely due to some reporting it as such rather then cancelling their service).

However I'm not sure the inactivity counter is actually active as of now, if it isn't you won't get emails to remind you, on the other hand nothing would happen to the account either if it is still turned off, which I think it is.

Should you miss a login once the system is up, there will be a suspension imposed on the account that you can resolve yourself from within the panel if you do so within 3 weeks after suspension, so that can kind of serve as a warning as well, though one that causes disruption.

garrettroyce

Community Support
Community Support
Reaction score
The emails were always offered as a courtesy, but people got too much into relying on them. Back when x10 started, you never got emails for inactivity or for suspension; you just had to remember. Someone even made a Chrome browser plugin to remind you! The thing is, emails can get blocked, or sent to junk, or accidentally deleted, so it's not a good system. Before I logged in every day to help, I set x10 as a startup tab so every time I opened Chrome (or Firefox, etc.) it would open a few tabs, one of them being x10.

Status
Not open for further replies.