I can't properly login to my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

brunoais

Reaction score
When I try to login to my account I'm asked to change my username and to change my personal domain.
I already tried to do that some times for some months (probably 5) but I only get that registrations are disabled for my country. I'm already registered, so what gives?
We have disabled registrations from your country of origin due to continued abuse.
Did I do anything wrong that is against the rules?
If I remember correctly, when I had a website that was not needed anymore, I'd always get rid of the hosting account and I only created when I wanted another website. I don't really get what I'm getting this error.

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
After you opened a free-hosting account at x10hosting the rules for new accounts were changed - IF you had a account that did not meet the 'new' rules - after the change - you could keep that account as long as it was keep in good standing of the current Terms of Service (TOS)

The 'new' rules are...

If your account has no working website starting within the first seven (7) days - OR your account is suspended for 30 or more days where you did not log-in to the Account Portal (both are inactivity) - you can un-suspend it from within the Account Portal (AP) - but if you do NOT un-suspend it within 14 days the computer (system) will terminate it and delete ALL of its files - anytime after the 14 day delay - NO backups are made

If your account has been terminated for inactivity - AND removed from the server (system) - AND your current Internet Service Provider's (ISP) IP shows a 'country code' on the current x10hosting's "Whitelist" - you can create a new account and restore any backups YOU may have

The "30 day" inactivity restrictions do not apply to Prime, Illuminated, Premium and VPS service plans

NOTE: You must have a free-hosting account before you can 'upgrade' to a Prime or Illuminated service plan. Your existing free-hosting account will be upgraded to the new service plan

The "Whitelist" 'country code' restrictions do not apply to Premium, and VPS service plans - except when U.S.A. law prohibits your ISP's IP 'country code'

If your ISP's IP 'country code' is not on x10hosting's "Whitelist" -:- or you are using a proxy -:- or you are using VPN -:- or you are using something like TOR --- you CAN NOT setup or open a x10hosting's free-hosting account -- this is a computer (system) setting and staff can not bypass (override) it

A IP's 'country code' is removed form x10hosting's "white list" when the ratio of all accounts at x10hosting from that country to accounts that are deleted (terminate) for being outside of the TOS from that country reaches a set amount OR when U.S.A. law prohibits that country

To see the current x10hosting's "Whitelist" --> http://x10hosting.com/forums/useful-information/166022-country-restrictions.html

To see the 'county code' of your ISP's IP address - click on [ Lookup ] at --> http://www.whatismyip.com/ip-tools/ip-address-lookup/

brunoais

Reaction score
Hum... Currently I don't have any sub-domains and I don't think I ever got any sub-domains that were empty in useful content i.e. without anything like a forum or anything like it.
AFAIK, I didn't need a sub-domain anymore recently, so I deleted it and became domainless without using any storage space at all from you for almost 1 year ago. My account was still ok about 5 months ago (I know that because I had logged in to check if everything was ok). Yesterday I wanted to checkup my account again and I got that.
I can login ok, but I can't access anything else.

So this seems to be something related to some bsh*t stuff other ppl did from my country. Because of them I'm stuck here and I can't have an account for free on x10hosting no matter if I got something that actually makes sense to have a web server or not. Am I right?

What is the interval check that x10hosting has for reevaluations? I only have the "periodically" value available. What's that periodicity (even if not very accurate)? I wanted to know when can I try again. Last update seems to be from almost 1 year ago... But when were the checks made?

If I upgrade for 1 month in any (payed) plan and then try to downgrade it to the free plan, will that work ok to allow me to keep an account even if my country is not whitelisted?

bdistler

Prime Account
Reaction score
If I upgrade for 1 month in any (payed) plan and then try to downgrade it to the free plan, will that work ok to allow me to keep an account even if my country is not whitelisted?

There are only two upgrades for free-hosting accounts
1.> Prime upgrade - is for 3 or 6 or 12 months
2.> Illuminated upgrade - is for 60 months (5 years)

Before you can upgrade your free-hosting account - it must meet the Terms of Service (TOS)
I assume you do not have a free-hosting account that is not in breach of x10hosting's Terms of Service (TOS)

So you can not "If I upgrade for 1 month..."

brunoais

Reaction score
How about doing that 3 month upgrade to Prime (the rest is the same)?

As far as I remember, I'm not against to TOS but I'm unable to confirm that because it was a while ago and I have a very limited access to my account.

Could you please also answer my other questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.