I cant reponse to support threads

comunidaduser31

Reaction score
Hi, im new in X10hosting, and many times there are supports threads that i can reponse, because i have a little experience or i had the same probleme and now i know the answer, but the forum give this message

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons...

My question is, why i cant reponse threads in support forum, and thats is for me only or for all free members?

Thanks

Skizzerz

Contributors
Staff member
Contributors
Reaction score
Only Community Advocates or specifically approved people can reply to other people's support threads, this is done to keep up the quality of responses, as back when we allowed everyone to reply there would be a) 5+ people all saying the same thing just to increase their post count, and b) other people hijacking threads with their own problems.

Once you get to above 50 posts, check out the I Want To Help program (linked at the top of these forums) for details on how to become able to reply to support tickets.

paul-holmes83

Reaction score
I too have seen this and as an Admin for another forum (nothing to do with hosting) find it frustrating when you know the answer, but can not reply.

I believe that you need a certain number of posts to before you can even be considered to help in the support.

I however understand why the support forum answers are restricted to the original poster and the helpers, This is so that the support requests do not get bogged down with incorrect answers to the question, and also that support threads do not get hi-jacked with the me too type answers.

Doing it this way means that the requester gets the best possible help that is available with the helpers that are online, even if sometimes it means the answer is delayed.

@skizzers beat me to it.

Last edited:

comunidaduser31

Reaction score
Oh ok so is a problme for all new member. I understand that bust many times when i know the answer and i cant reponse.... cuek :frown:
Thanks for quickly answers

jensen

Reaction score
Just a few more posts and you're ready to be on the support team.
Hang around and get to know those around, especially the support team so it's easier to join them.

Sharky

Community Paragon
Community Support
Reaction score
Oh ok so is a problme for all new member. I understand that bust many times when i know the answer and i cant reponse.... cuek :frown:
Thanks for quickly answers

Cuek... Is that like saying 'whatever'?