I can't restore my backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

xyunaxfantasiesx

Reaction score
I apologize before hand if this is in the wrong section ><

I am unable to restore a backup I've made from my old host.
When I log into the Backup Wizard, I uploaded a .tar backup for the "home directory" and it pops up an empty window and at the bottom on the status bar it says "Sending request to (host/site name)". It's like that for about 15 minutes and then it comes up "Restoring Files" yet, on the status bar it says "done". I looked in my files and it have yet to be restored. I tried to give it 30 minutes but still nothing. I don't know what to do, I've tried this about 4 times already and all trials failed.

I am wondering, can an administrator restore the directory for me? My domain/account name is vtension (vtension.com) and I have already uploaded the backup file to the home directory for your convenience.

Thank you in advance and I really, really appreciate it! ^^

Fedlerner

Former Adm & Team Manager
Community Support
Reaction score
Please tell me which backup you want me to try restoring. Also, is it a full or a home backup?

xyunaxfantasiesx

Reaction score
I would appreciate it if you could fully restore the "backup-vtension.com-7-21-2008" in the public_html.

However, when I looked at my cpanel, I have two public_html.
Like this public_html/public_html and within that second public_html folder are my old files FROM the backup that I currently want you to restore. I'm guessing that someone had restored it but the files aren't accessible until I move it to the first public_html folder? I'm not sure what's going on but I would just like everything to be cleared up/fresh and for my backup to be restored as the main public_html folder if possible. I hope I do not confuse you. >.<

Thank you for the prompt action, I have just begun using x10hosting and I've really like it thus far =)

Last edited:

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
If your files are on public_html/public_html you just need to move them to public_html and they'll start working as normal.
If not, you can access them by: http://vtension.com/public_html

xyunaxfantasiesx

Reaction score
Thank you for your assistance, I figured that was what I needed to do and I was going to "copy" and "paste" the files using FTP which would take forever--luckily there's a "move" option. Anyway, thank very much =)

Fedlerner

Community Support
Reaction score
No problem. I'll close the thread as it appears solved.
Feel free to re-open it if you need further assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.